• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:55:55 pm

A Word From God

Started by ANewDay, October 24, 2006, 02:38:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ANewDay

I have heard many times that god can speak to you through someone else, but to what extreme is that true.  A young lady that i know asked me about a house, was i trying to get one, she said she is hear something about a house.  Yes at the time I was trying to get a house , she went on to say that god said that's my house.  along with two other thing she told me were in my future that was about a year age.  Well I had an encounter with that same person again and she told me somethings that was scary and I feel that no one knew about it.  Some of the words were encouraging and the others was frieghting to what extreme should I believe what she said.  I live in my new house now.  If god has  sent me the word should I have faith that he would give me the strength to work things out. 

ANewDay //

David Dupree

The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts as He wills.  Some have the gift of word of knowledge, to others word of wisdom and some prophecy and the list goes on.  See I Corinthians 12.  Sometimes, the gifts are singular.  Sometimes, they come in bundles.  For instance, someone who truly operates in the prophetic will often also operate in the word of knowledge and wisdom. 

What it seems happened the first time was that the lady had a word of knowledge for you. 
Usually those operating in words of knowledge and wisdom operate to encourage the believer.  Usually, it will confirm something known or related to the person.  It is the person who operates within the prophetic that sometimes give Words that may sting when heard.  Consider the prophet Jeremiah or Jonah.  Jonah especially got upset when he had to deliver a not-so-nice Word and got on a ship to go another way.  This recent word that was given you seems to be such a word.  Very often though stinging words are used to correct/warn and even chastise...but if heeded, you will be the better for it.  Consider the prophet Nathan and the word he had to deliver to King David concerning his sin.

Based on the information you provided, I would suggest that you place it before the Lord and see what kind of "check" the Holy Spirit will give you in your spirit.  Also determine if it lines up with scripture.  You will either get a confirming check and a prompt to take action or a prompt to ignore it. 

We in the flesh only know in part and prophecy in part.  And believe it or not, sometimes even bonifide prophets miss it. Or due to warnings given, the person and or prophet will act in prayer to intercede to petition God to stay action or change  a plan of action.  (Remember Abraham petitioned God on behalf of Lot when he received a word regarding the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.) 
I look forward to hearing what the Lord says to you concerning the "word."

ddupree
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"