• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Re: I FELL!!!

Started by David Dupree, August 10, 2004, 08:59:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

David Dupree

Hi Saved!

Yes, you fell.  You misquote one of Paul's scriptures that says even when we want to do right...my version says that "evil is always present."  However that doesn't mean that you can't do right.  In fact the verse before that one...Roman 7:20 states  "Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me." KJV
  What Paul is saying is that there is a war going on in your members--in your body.  Evil is present but it doesn't have to win.  It is good to know that God is there if you fall, but "Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling...."  That is why we must keep God at the forefront of every area of our lives.  He is able!!  We are commanded in Matthew to be perfect even as our Father in heaven is Perfect.  
  There is still a greater in you than that which is in the world.  You just have to tap further into the Greater.  This doesn't eradicate your temptations.  Neither will it ease them.  However, it will give you the power over them.  
  True, once you're down it's hard to get up...but as the song says, you can get back up again.  and again and again.  Just don't stay down.  Get right back up!!  Let the enemy know that you weren't knocked out.  
  Of course in the midst of everything I hope that you repent and are godly sorry for your fall.  For "if you confess your sin, He is faithful and just to forgive you and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9.  
  Yes, we all are vulnerable.  But the weak have to say "I am strong."  And then you have to be strong since greater is He that is in you.

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

Forum Administrator

QuoteI fell! I fell into sexual immorality! How did I get there?

Feelings of loneliness and a fear of never having a committed relationship. I FELL! Well I thought I could resist temptation but I soon found out I really could not.

I FELL! Who am I to think that in the midst of being vulnerable, feeling lonely and unloved by a man I would be strong?!?!  ???

Dag...I FELL!  I remember what the Apostle Paul said in the book of Romans-- Even when we want to do right we cant do right. He also said the only way to obey the law is to have no law to break. In other words dont be in the middle of temptation and think if you stay there you can handle it! Cuz you cant!!! I FELL!

and the hurtful part about it is..... once you're down its so hard for you to get up!!

I FELL!  :'(

You ask a good question: how did you get there? How did you fall? Did you fall, or did you jump in? Did you try to avoid the temptation, or did you open the door to it? You must examine yourself and honestly answer these questions, because however you fell, unless you take a good look at how you got to the point where you fell and develop a strategy to prevent it in the future, you'll keep on falling. (See my response to the post Am I a sex addict? in this same category for information that may help you to develop your strategy.)

You can resist temptation; you can resist the very devil and God has promised that the devil will flee from you. The first step in resisting is placing yourself under the authority of God. (James 4:7) But as you said, don't get in the middle of temptation and think if you stay there you can handle it. That's asking for trouble. The key is not to get into the temptation to begin with. Lead us not into temptation (Matthew 6:13) should be your daily prayer. Don't run towards sexual sin: run away from it! (1 Corinthians 6:18 ) God has promised to provide a way of escape when you are faced with temptation (I Corinthians 10:13): take the escape route, and keep on taking it! When you are weak, His strength is available to you. (2 Corinthians 12:9; Philippians 4:13)

I am 100% certain that your feelings of vulnerability, loneliness, fear, and being unloved were not resolved by what you did. A sexual act is a momentary pleasure, but it will not cure what ails you. God has your cure. You feel vulnerable? God says, greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world! (1 John 4:4) You feel lonely? God says, He'll never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5) You feel afraid? God says, let not your heart be troubled; believe in God (John 14:1) and His perfect love will cast out all fear. (1 John 4:18 ) You feel unloved? God says, I love you with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3) Stop looking for men to fill the voids in your life that only God can fill.

You referred to a portion of Romans 7, but the chapter doesn't end there. Paul find's the answer to his dilemma: What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! (Romans 7:24,25). Get up and go bodly to the throne of grace and get the mercy and the grace to help you right now in the time of your need! (Hebrews 4:16) Get up and grab hold of the promises of God! Get up and  stay close to Him! GET UP! And as Jesus said to the woman who was caught in an act of sexual immorality: go, and sin no more! (John 8:10-12)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Novelist

In response to your dilemma, Pray.  Let's pray for one another.  I have struggles as well and it is not easy for me, you, and others with this temptation.  It is difficult to look away because your emotions are telling you to feel, while your mind is telling you to another.  Like the Donnie McClurkin song says, "We fall down, but we get up." And from now on, get back up and keep going until you get through your situation.  Believe me, I know how it feels to fall too many times, but let's keep each other in prayer.