• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

A Low-Down Dirty SHAME!!!

Started by Gracious, August 23, 2007, 07:42:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracious

Hello Church,

While watching the evening news on yesterday, I was surprised (not shocked though) to hear about a husband & wife - also known to many in the Gospel arena as "The Dynamic Duo" - a match made in heaven to many who beheld them!  This husband started out (before his noted ministerial achievements) as an EXTREMELY successful real estate mogul, and his wife began her ministry with an anointed "testimony" & a song!

Who is this couple you ask?    Whelp to THAT question I ask, does it matter?  Some would rise to "curiosity" and say YUP!!! ... who are you talking about?  Again, to the obvious question I say, 4 out of every 10 LEADING husband & wife duo's in this country!!! 

YES Saints, no matter their vocation, did you know that statistics show that spousal abuse (as in physical abuse) strikes at least 40% of every home in this country?  Both wives & and their husbands are bludgeoning each other into Emergency Rooms ALL ACROSS THIS COUNTRY?  Now, THAT was the SHOCKER for me ... AMEN? AND nobody in the Christian Community is talking about it?

Here's my meaning,

Oh yeah, we saints will whisper & gossip about Brother Pastor ... about things like ... did you see how Brother Pastor / Evangelist / Prophet ... man-handled, or spoke to, or cheated on, or demonically leered at his wife ... "SOMEBODY IS GONNA GIT' AN EVIL HAND LAID ON 'UM WHEN THEY GET HOME 7 IT AIN'T GONNA BE HIM"!!! Or Sista' Pastor / Evangelist / Prophet ... and how she's got this BEAUTIFUL home waiting for her, that she NEVER visits?  Or how "she" ignores & or appears to compete with, and or loud's her husband & their personal issues in public ... IN THE PULPIT NO LESS!!!

Church, our leaders across this country (most especially in the church) are calling / crying out to "us" their People for prayer intercession!  It is not important that we know each torrid detail regarding their SHAME / their SECRETS; the important message that I pray we leave this topic with, is empathy & compassion for our hurting ... both from the pulpit to the pews.

The Low Down Dirty Shame of any human circumstance is COMPLACENCY!!!  We are not meant to be Islands unto ourselves ... we are meant to love - to care - without personal-agendas & to act  - as vessels towards healing ... this is how I'm led through the Holy One via the Scriptures ... that our Father in Heaven shall judge us!

From my heart to yours,

Gracious

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Breathedonme

Gracious,

Amen!

My future son-in-law is a member of the this couples' church and one thing I love is that the husband has shared with his members that there were problems and to pray for them.  There were some who would run to the media or spread rumors about things they didn't know.  God help us.  The husband told the church what was going on and that they were working on some things.  Some left.

It is unfortunate (to say the least) that things escalated as they have.  I am pushing aside all negative comments, be they true or not.  My heart is bent on praying for this couple and for the Kingdom at large.

By attending Girl Talk (Vikki Johnson), I've learned how much domestic abuse is experienced in the Kingdom.  It just so happens that this couple's situation has been exposed, so now the tongues will fly.

Let's pray for this couple, this church and the Kingdom. 

I don't condone this behavior, but he who has no sin cast the first stone (I can't).

Breathedonme

Saints of the Most High!

We really have to step up our prayers.  Yesterday I learned of another famous couple who are divorcing. 

Then someone on my job, a fellow Christian, showed me a video on "You Tube" showing a member slapping her Pastor. 

Now the excerpts being shared from a published book from letters from Mother Teresa (sp??) which speaks to her wavering faith.

I KNOW that unfaithfulness, divorce, abuse, etc. have been going on in the body of Christ, but now it is in the open media.  I believe it is another level of attack on the Kingdom. 

I also believe that it is a shame how some Christians are finding this funny or an opportunity to just talk about it (gossip about it).  I am not trying to be "super righteous" or anything.  This stuff truly grieves my heart.  I am just calling on all of the true warriors for the Kingdom to increase the prayer for God to help us during these evil times.

Gracious

Hey Sista Breathe, :-*

Amen to you girl!  AMEN!!!

You are soooooo RIGHT!!! The media IS having a field day ... at the expense of lost - hurting souls. 

"Our Christian CLOSETS" ... are bustin' wide-open & EVERY deadly thing able to walk, is fallin' out of them (these proverbial "secret-SHAME" Christian-closets)!

Please forgive me yawl & check me if I'm wrong but ... Chile, it's as if GOD HIMSELF is saying "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" and one by one HE is sitting Christian Leaders (& us regular folk too) ... DOWN - ONE BY ONE!!!

What happens when GOD sits ya' down???  Hmmmm?  What happens to ya' when you' fall from grace - PUBLICALLY even?   How do ya' fall down ... or know WHEN ya' have fallen down?  How do you get back up again ... AND how do you know WHEN to get back up again?  Hmmmmmmm?   For the answers to these questions "FEED" the soul ... they are spiritual answers that are needed.  GONE are the days of knowledge (earthen common sense / logic w/o WISDOM).

I don't know - maybe it's just me, but isn't this sort of what we should be gaining from our worship Houses  ???  Why are we soooooooo preoccupied w/ killing the spirit of our women by lying to them & falsely empowering the egos of our men by twisting GOD's WORD???

TRUTH

Who can talk about TRUTH w/o mentioning JESUS? ...

I'm thinking that ... When the Church remembers "sweetness/loving kindness" - when the Church remembers JESUS ... I pray that all them nasty judgmental, sarcastic smirks & giggles will be wiped away & all that will be left will be sweet expressions!

I guess I'm hopeful :-\

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Breathedonme

OH YES!

I look at this as God loving us enough to SHUT US DOWN - and/or EXPOSE US, so we can come back.

Don't you love Him????

Gracious