• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

The Names! Games! … People play!!!

Started by Gracious, February 17, 2007, 12:52:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracious

Hello Everyone,

Isn't it interesting, the names that we call ourselves? Most of us allow others to name us - initially and we innocently continue this tendency for the rest of our lives.

Meaning, initially-at birth, most of us are usually named by our parents/family member(s), and we continue to accept the heavy weights that so easily beset us - concerning other titles/names given to us before we are able to discern the "good" and the "bad" in them (these names/ titles).

(eg. "you're the smart one, you're the forgetful one, you're the successful one, your the "never be nothin' - one, you're the pretty one, you're the not soooo easy on the eyes - one, blah, blah, blah ...")

The Names! Games! Names! ... people play!!!

If we're connected spiritually to GOD, we will safely be drawn towards the TRUTH about ourselves ... AND ... commence to walkin' in & callin' ourselves by those TRUTHFUL names,  just like:

The beautiful name that GOD chose for himself in the book of EXODUS as Moses came from Mt. Sinai with stone-tablets hued from that mountain (the Ten Commandments). Moses turned back to God's essence (shown brightly - the burning bush) & asked "whom shall I say hath sent me - to this GOD replied to Moses   "...tell them that I AM hath sent you..."

<OR>

The murderous sacrilegious Saul, before & during his challenge of the(being blinded & strone from his horse), only to be awakened by the LORD, and given a transformed heart & a NEW name - PAUL!!!

Saints, EVERY time that GOD desires to use YOU as a vessel for deliverance ... guess what ... HE will change YOU, then HE will change what it is that others shall call you, which shall directly coincide with the "NEW WAY" that you are received by others!!!

Sorry, there are NO exceptions to this.

Why present all of this to you??? [/color]

A testimony:

On this evening (Friday), I was bitter/sweetly blessed by an evening of music that was given in honor of a friend whom I loved deeply. GOD called her name, and carried her spirit from her body to live in heaven with HIM a week and a half ago. She will be funeralized on tomorrow (Saturday). She was only in her 30's.

Church, the brokenness - the pain, comes & goes & comes back!!!

The Holy Ghost has sent people to me to encourage me (GOD ever at work for us) and I am soooooo grateful 'cause I really need them!!!

This flower (my friend) was a singer who was LOVED by all who were blessed to have known her. The musical tribute was attended by thousands, it was AWESOME yet stinging, 'cause I will miss seeing her face-lookin' at me & others look at her, when we think she's being too this or that. Missing her laugh, her thoughtfulness. No girlfriend has ever supported me like she. We were true Sisters in Christ.

Tonight, though my friend has gone on to be with the LORD ... GOD has given her a new "eternal name" ... the memory of her life here on earth has been transformed and transmitted into all who knew her, and the spirit that GOD gave her now lives within us.  The menial bickering, has been "exchanged" for ministerial blessings!!!  Yup, folk who've been touched by her are now beginning to look DEEP within, asking GOD to fix "it" - to CHANGE whatever it is that has separated them/us from Jesus the Christ.

Have you ever thought about what people will call you, what they'll say about you after God calls YOUR name/calls you to heaven ... what will your NAME - your legacy be??? Who is better in their life after knowing you???  Do your care ... maybe we should, 'cause isn't that why we're here ... to make a difference?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm???

Graciously thinkin' & thankin' HIM ... at  midnight!!!  ;)
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&