• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

bad company corrupts......

Started by tanya72, March 21, 2006, 10:58:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tanya72

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my husband. The majority of his friends are single men, with multiple kids by different woman(baby mamma drama) and are out here creeping and cheating. men in thier 30's-40's not young men, but grown men....

I keep telling my husband that even the WORD says bad company corrupts good character. I also tell him that how can you be the only saved, married man in the room or crowd and be content. His attitude and personality changes from these encounters.... On the flip side I have a single girlfriend who is caught up in the same lifestyle as his friends. yet he despies it when I spend time with her... which is not often because I dont believe in her promiscuity and rather than judge or keep preaching to her I cut down on our relationship time.

He thinks its all in my head (my feelings about his friends). But I know that he changes as a part of socializing with these men. He just acts so miserable when he is home, like he is longing/lusting after something or someone..
He wont get close to the men in our church fellowship nor will he join a mens' bible study or anything else( to build him up and strengthen him spiritually). so its not just some "me" time to unwind. There is a spirit of sleeperdom that I sense in him, I am not sure if he has had a "physical-sexual affair" but even Jesus says if you look at someone with lust you are guilty.

I am praying for restoration,healing and renewal of my marriage and I am trying to live,love and treat him like my prayers have been answered, but its hard because he is not fighting with me the battle the enemy has launched on marriage...

I also am fighting my own temptations to repay him tit for tat and start hanging out; this is where my battle really lies. to stay pure in my martial vows and not defile my marriage...

There is a history of affairs in the background so this feeling is not overreacting, its more like deja-vu....

real2me1st

Girl, I feel you.  Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT PLAY TIT FOR TAT!!!  You will have to answer to God for yourself.  Every man must be accountable for the deeds done in their body.  You do not want to deal with God for that.  I have been there and that is not a good feeling.  I watched my first husband have affair after affair for almost 15 years IN THE CHURCH.  I kept forgiving until I JUST GOT TIRED OF FORGIVING.  "Forget that "70 times 7" stuff in the word, I would say.  Enough is enough."

Another thing...it makes your blessings take longer to come to you because of the crap you develop that is blocking them.  You blessing may be just on the other side of the door and instead of walking in, you go back to that bedroom and mess up.  DON'T DO IT... and Lord help if there are children involved (or a close relative looking at your Christian walk). 

You seek the Lord while he may be found and call upon Him while he is near.  Don't let this situation isolate you from the love and anointing of God.  If any thing, get closer to Him like never before.  Stay before the throne of Grace.  Get busy in working for Him.  Keep yourself in fasting and praying so He can show you the good and perfect things He has in store for you.

Peace