• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Waffles and Spaghetti

Started by bishopbiscuits, January 22, 2005, 10:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

.....There is a book that I would like to share. The title is
"Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti"
Initially, the title itself caught my eye (I was in a supermarket), but after reading it, I have been enriched.
.......It is written by Bill and Pam Farrel. Ideally a book for couples -especially approaching marriage or married-, I enjoyed the humor (cracking up sometimes) and the wealth of practical information.
........Its goal is not just to help couples understand and delight in the differences they bring to a relationship, but to encourage while getting the understanding as well. It breaks down some situations into more manageable pieces, and can help promote communication that is healthier for the relationship.
..........It has helped my perspective on some people in my life :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Forum Administrator

Thanks for sharing BishopB.  :)

If you read this book, please feel free to share your positive feedback.  ;)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

christianthought

I have read the book...it was so good that I read THE ENTIRE THING while sitting on the floor in a Christian bookstore.  It is so good in describing the differences between the paradigms of men and women that it helped me immensely.  It was so good that my brother took it and read it, and then gave it to his girlfriend to read (who still has it!!  >:()  But this book is highly recommended to everyone who is trying to gain somewhat of an understanding of the opposite sex.  It is not exhaustive, but it has good depth.

bishopbiscuits

.....I just finished rereading it, and know that many of the ideas that relate to how I think and process information and situations is made translatable by this book.
......A few sections made me laugh out loud ;D ;D ;D and others give you strategies for working through some of the pleasant and not as pleasant challenges of being a married couple. Since I  expect to one day marry, I consider some of the blueprints that are laid out as good news. Like a good recipe that you can customize.  :) :) :)
.....Plus it has a section and tips ( for the hosts) for a group to go through the different topics in the book.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1