• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Galvanization!!

Started by bishopbiscuits, January 04, 2005, 09:54:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

Greetings Brothers,

..........I have found that adversity can bring out the best or worst in people sometimes. In the heat of the moment, does beating the challenge at all costs take over? Do we back down from some tests because they might reveal a weakness or vulnerability in us?
..........When it comes to how we take on challenges, we must be careful sometimes, brothers.
.........When we are allowed to focus on just one set of tasks that make up a whole goal ( like an individual sport, business transaction, fixing a car, games, etc....) we can sometimes have tunnel vision. Where all we see is the end of the tunnel, but not necessarily the path or means by which we should reach the goal.
..........It is a powerful ability to galvanize ourselves towards a goal. We can't take for granted that what we "feel" is right makes it so and move on about our business.

:)...  GALVANIZE: To stimulate someone or something into great activity

..........When we are stimulated/motivated by an idea or emotion, a chain reaction can be set off. If it's something small, no sweat. The more involved it is, including what we feel is at stake, the more we need to look at what are the best ways and tools to face a particular challenge or adversity.
..........The great activity involves the establishing of purpose, creation of priorities, and maintaining vision.

:) 1. PURPOSE: The goal or intended outcome of something; the desired effect.
..........Determining what effect you desire, and the end result you want to achieve is absolutely necessary. Without a vision, the people perish. The vision must be made clear because only then can you go to the next step.

:) 2. PRIORITY: Somebody  or something that is ranked highly in terms of importance or urgency.  
..........Here is where you design the way you want to meet your objective by creating a framework of what is important, and  determining boundaries. What's needed, what's not. What is important/relevant, and to what degree. Activity without a purpose and priorities to guide it will have you "going in circles."

:) 3.MAINTAIN: to ensure that something continues to work properly by checking it regularly, and making repairs and adjustments if required; keep something in working order.
..........This is sometimes the hardest part. It involves what resources are committed and a resolve to grow and feed into the vision. The day to day work and nurture that ensures the very life of the vision.

.........Like a seed. A whole plant can come from a seed, but it starts there. Then shoots and roots. What shows above ground helps to show what was planted, but the roots and leaves perform work towards meeting the needs of the plant and sustaining them, based on the nature of the plant.
.........The purpose/vision is the seed, the priorities determine the nature of the plant (how it is likely to grow and primary characteristics) and maintenance brings about the fulfilment of what is planted.

........ I am galvanizing towards Christ Jesus. And everything that is in me must be presented before His Spirit and the Word, to be found acceptable to continue with me in my journey.  
.........I have smaller goals as well, but I seek to keep only  those that are in agreement with my vision of honoring God. I've got to grow and be pruned, and grow and be pruned, until I meet my Saviour face to face.
.........So whether it's my music, relationships, or potato chips I have to remind myself of the vision for my life, and how I am to order it. Each day we have new challenges large or small to meet.
......... Whether it is something large or small, may God's Word written in our hearts clarify our visions, perfect our priorities, and through Him be granted the strength and determination to maintain and grow. Keep that prayer flow going.  ;) ;) ;)
...........Within seconds we can progress through all three steps under the right conditions, so we have to do a personal inventory at times. Know what's really in our own hearts. So in the heat of the moment, and situations we plan for, we can bring forth that which is good. :) :) :)
...........From brother to brother,   BB
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

bishopbiscuits

.....A different way to express the idea is that when we have a purpose in mind, and are dedicated to  seeing it through, we can accomplish great things. For right or wrong.
.....When we " galvanize" ourselves, we send out a call in our spirit and mind that calls all our resources towards fulfilling a need or desire. A command that overrides wasteful actions (or thoughts) and connects/commits our resources toward the goal.
......As I write this, there are teams and individuals seeking a superbowl trophy. Challenging and charging their bodies and minds to create what they need in terms of performance to win each game leading to it, and through to the victory they desire most.
.......We are all building towards something. And for every need, desire, or want  that we have, we have to choose where to put the resources of time, care, finances,  mental and physical effort. What's important and right to us?
.......Will we let anger lead the charge when someone hurts us, priming the body and mind for combat ?Whether the attack is verbal, physical, or both,  rage will seek to cause destruction if untempered, and will call for sacrifices from you to fulfil itself.
.........Will fear with its torment be allowed to bind us moment by moment, stealing away our opportunities for growth and expansion? Where there is torment, there is little peace. Where there is no peace, it becomes difficult to have any confidence or focus. Without the ability to focus on anything, we are crippled from the start, until fear is displaced or cast out by wisdom, truth, and love.  
......May we use spiritual wisdom in how we commit ourselves and in what we commit ourselves to. In a moment or for a lifetime.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1