• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

sucessful relationship

Started by TOXIMIC, April 30, 2004, 05:43:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TOXIMIC

I read about the attributes of sucessful relationship in one of the replies.  It indicate to seek God first, ask for his guidance, listen to his response and apply the truth he gives us.  That our lives must compliment each other and help us grow in our God given talent.

Having been through all that as a christian in a friendship which I consider a relationship because we've been intimate(he still consider us as friend).  What do I do, when he sees everything defirently.  Actually, when he feels everything he's done for me and the changes I have expirenced with him is just a help from a chritian brother :( and that Jesus will do no less :)

Vikki Johnson

What do you do Sis?  You do nothing ELSE.  This relationship (based on what you've indicated), has already surpassed boundaries that God sets in place to protect us.  Consequently, there are additional "emotional" issues that you must now manage.

Sex or premature (mental, emotional, or spiritual)intimacy, especially outside of marriage, does not a commitment make.  Often it's a matter of availability and convenience.  Not only does it separate us from God, but it also puts barriers between the people involved due to unrealistic expectations.

Based on what you've shared, it appears that what is an emotional tie for you is something else for your friend.  A healthy relationship takes two people who have agreed on the same thing.

Be still.  Press your way back into the presence of the Lord - for ONLY there will you discover lasting and full joy - whether you have a companion or not.

By the way, when a godly man is genuinely interested in a godly woman, he is VERY, VERY clear AND his actions will not provoke compromise but protect the relationship from it.

Obedience releases overflow in your life. (That includes your love life too).
Elder Vikki Johnson
www.eldervikkijohnson.org

"Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble."
- Psalm 119:165