• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

All other ground........

Started by bishopbiscuits, February 02, 2007, 08:23:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

Hello all... :)

.......Today had events beyond what I would expect at work. It started off normally, then I went to lunch. After I came back from lunch, a few of us were asked to go to the manager's office. There, upper management informed us about the release of our store manager.
........They informed us that none of our level of position is in jeopardy at this time (sales staff/customer service), but nevertheless there were shockwaves.
.........Even now, I am stunned by the event. And I thought about how "safe" I felt in  my job and position, having been with the company for 6 years, and had recognition for my work, etc.........
........I also considered  whether - at times-  I let my job become more important than it should be. Sometimes work was more than earning a living; it was a place of  stability.  You know who you'll see, what you will likely have to do, and how you will meet the regular challenges. It has a pre-set order with defined relationships and relatively clear accountability.
........Long story short, ....I began to think back to the words of a song...

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' name

...........Thinking back on that song made me consider where I stand. And How I want to prepare for my future with and without my current employer.
..........Also to reflect on the nature of the position that I gave to my job in my life over time.
..........Most importantly, it reminded me to cleave to Christ the more. For in Him first is my security and supply. And I must be ever more mindful to honor my purpose in Him, in the midst of the day- to- day events.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1