• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:58:38 am

Are You Too DEEP?

Started by Forum Administrator, January 24, 2007, 02:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

From Comedian La Vance

The Bible says God will use the simple things to confound the wise, if God isn't caught up the so-called wise, then why are we?  In proverbs chapter 4 Solomon says wisdom is the principle thing, but in all thy getting, get understanding. So you can have a wealth of knowledge and not have the practical application to make it of any use to you. So, with that in mind, why do we still have people trying to be DEEP?

Being serious is required at times, and certain situations require a distinguished look, a tight mouth, or your "game face" whatever you want to call it.  But I'm speaking of the people who think that they are the closest person on earth to God.  That God shares things with them that no one else is worthy of knowing.  I can recall a friend who was laidback and very outgoing.  Then my friend said he was "called to preach", he hasn't been the same since!  He can't play video games, basketball, or laugh anymore! But he's saved sanctified and spirit-filled!  And I'm jealous because "God tells him" stuff about me that I don't know about! I'm sure if God had plans for me He would tell me FIRST, and then confirm it through another vessel.  Well saints it's time for the games to stop. 

You can't call yourself holy and righteous when you don't show the love of Jesus.  You can only love God as much as the person you love the least. Jesus said in the Bible "as you've done unto the least of these you've done unto me."  Get some real JOY folks you can't impress God with your pious theatrics.  Where are the fruits of the spirit?  And you're scaring the children!  Here are some signs that you might be too deep.
You might be too deep if...

* Your voicemail message is in tongues!
    * Every time your Pastor preaches...you were just praying about that.
    * You give the Pastor your entire income tax return...and you need it back next Sunday!
    * You three kids are named...The Father, The Son, and Holy Spirit!
    * You quit your third shift job because...The Bible says "at night no man can work"
    * You really believe you know when Jesus is coming back!
    * You've had one of those...."Jesus came to me in my bedroom" experiences!
    * You don't attend Bible Study anymore because....Pastor don't get deep enough for you, you're past the milk, you need meat! Plus, you should be teaching anyway!
    * You go pray for people during altar call.... Even though Pastor told you last week...don't!
    * You knew I was going to write about YOU this week! (smile)

www.myspace.com/christiancomedianlavance
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14