• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Stuff from the Pulpit

Started by Breathedonme, December 02, 2006, 10:51:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breathedonme

Okayyyyyyyy --

I've been saved for over a decade now, but prior to that, I had a nasty mouth when provoked.  Now let me clarify this . . . I have/had friends who would cuss like "sailors" whether upset or happy.  My mouth was a "weapon" if someone upset me and WATCH OUT!!!  Whew!  Thank God for deliverance (LOL).

What's up with this tendency for preachers to cuss from the pulpit? If the oil (anointing) falls from the top, what else can come from the top?

'Preciate it!

David Dupree

Hi Breathed!!

Yes, you are responsible for your own actions.  But then, so is your pastor.  And quiet as it is kept, position does bring about greater responsibility.  So although you can't really blame shift, you do have a significant nexus to your issue. 

What you have to do is guard your heart (and mouth) with all diligence so that some issues of life will not flow from it. hahaha

As my co-pastor would preach "Don't go back to nothing!" Don't go back to stuff that you know you are delivered from.  When you go back, that demon will bring 7 more of his friends. 

In the meantime, if you get a chance AFTER PRAYING about it, see if you can get an opportunity to speak with your pastor and tell him what you have notice concerning his language and the way it makes you feel concerning your own former foul mouth. 

Yes, certain words are quite pervasive from the pulpit these days.  That is usually because those words are heard very often by most people in the street or school or through the stuff they/we watch on regular and cable television.  But just because it is "common" doesn't mean that the Church needs to adopt it.  Stand your ground.  We are commanded to leave all filthiness.  (See Colossians 3:8 ) We as Christians are a peculiar people.  Peculiar to the world or peculiar to other Christians?  It really doesn't matter.  You let your light shine so that others may hear the sermon they see in you!  And glorify the Father!!

dd

I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

David Dupree

Yes, please don't stay at home!! 

I know there is some really really goofy stuff happening in various "houses of worship" but the ecclesia, the called out ones must persevere.   I am sure that you can sense a stirring in the heavenlies.  There is a shaking going on.  There is a great air of expectancy.  For the season the church is moving into is one that is glorious, filled with splendor; a time of signs and wonders, a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit--"it's a season of power and prosperity." 

We who are seasoned spirit-filled believers must be in position to help usher in this season as well as to help release it and guide it to/through our churches.

The enemy can't stop it.  So he is trying to distract or deter the church through any mechanism and nonsense available, especially pastoral shananigans. 

So endure your cross so that others don't miss their upper room experience!

dd

I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"