• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Is my pastor delivered

Started by LadyU, August 17, 2005, 04:35:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyU

My pastor told the congregation that he is delivered from homosexuality and defined himself as a chased bisexual :o. Can he really be delivered and label himself a chased bisexual? ???

Forum Administrator

Nope.
So now you know how to pray.  ;)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Dennis Sawyers

Hello there.

If we weren't already living in such perilous times, I would be shocked at the quote you give from your Pastor.  The major issue that I see is that there is no renouncing of what is clearly outside of the will of God, but rather the embracing of an alternative.  To be bisexual is to embrace a lifestyle that allows same gender sexual/romantic relationships.  Whether chasted (not having sex) or not -- as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. 

I agree that this is a situation that calls for prayer -- prayer about at least two different issues:

1.  Is this the Pastor the Lord wants you to follow?
2.  Pray that the Truth of God is revealed to this Pastor, that he might walk in the fullness of God's will for his life, and so that the lives of others are not polluted.

The sincere, constant prayers of true believers move God to action!

Be blessed.
Min. D~
Min. Dennis Sawyers
Author, Nevertheless, Not My Will: A Guide Through Deliverance From Homosexuality
Available at: Greater Mt. Calvary Holy Church Bookstore
616 Rhode Island Av., NE, Washington, DC