• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:58:26 am

Opportunity

Started by bishopbiscuits, April 18, 2005, 05:45:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

............ In daily life, we may overlook how we can sow into others lives, because we are too busy to care past a casual "how you doing?" to make it easier for ourselves. We don't need to get totally caught up in peoples' business. Rather, tempered with wisdom, to share with each other. Share some time and your testimonies, and edify, exhort , and comfort one another.   
............We all struggle sometimes. But, as runners in a race, trying to run like Jesus ran,  we are given resources to help us run well. Between the direct connection by the Holy Spirit, the Word of God, the sheperds (spiritual leadership), and our fellow Christians, we have great help for us in the race  of life. 
............So I encourage you to keep running. If a detour  got you off the path God designed for you, accept a new detour to take you back in the direction that you are called to run. Don't let a "cramp in your side" make you lose focus on where you are running to.
............The love , faith, and hope that we develop during this race is meant to be shared. As we seek and find holy understanding, God will reveal how we can minister to each other's lives without compromising ourselves.
..........Here's a couple of suggestions.(I'm writing to you and me too! :) )
:) 1. As a general rule, it's best to give only what you can give freely to others. If you are attached to too many strings, you'll just be tied up.
:) 2. Don't try to keep in your hands what belongs in God's. Whether it is your cares, or those shared with you by someone else, we are instructed to cast all our care upon Him.
:) 3. Remember the law of sowing and reaping. Sow into each other's lives  that which is good. If  you give unselfishly, yet wisely, you create more opportunities for God to bless you in unexpected ways. He sometimes has hidden in the land of each person's heart fruit that comes forth only when the proper conditions are met. We don't even fully see what He put on the inside of us!  We must be patient and faithful as a farmer. The land will bring forth in due time and in great measure much harvest, if well tended and sown.
.........Most times, that which can be given easily and faithfully is best. When more is needed, there is wisdom, gifts and talents of many kinds that we have in each other through God. He wants us to remember that We need Him first, but that He also decided that it was not good for man to be alone.
.........Hey, this kind of reminds me of what this forum is about. Cool!!  8) 8) 8)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Novelist

Bishopbiscuits, you are speaking encouraging words to me.  Truly, I have to slow down and begin to acknowledge God for who he is to me and to others.  With life, opportunities come, but it is up to me to give thanks and share my testimonies with others, which I share with close friends.  Opportunity is an open field of new blessings, prayers, supplications, healing relationships, and the list goes on.  God is the way, the truth, and the life of opportunity for us.  Yes, I have been negligent when it came to acknowledging others' problems, due to my own getting in the way.  Selfishly, I focused on mine and it was not fair.  In fact, giving to others is a blessing and I am learning the value of others' lives than ever. 

It is a blessing and opportunity to share my words and thoughts with you on today and pray that your life will be inspired and transpired through your own testimony.  You have made a difference by sharing the wealth of words on today and I commend you for being genuine.  May God richly bless you and keep you.

Novelist.

pressingon

God has been dealing with me in this very area this year.  I don't post much, although I learn alot and have grown from reading others post on the forum.  Maybe that will start changing  :) I'm also learning to share with others who are a part of my life.  Thanks.
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 3:14