• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

God Energy Movement

Started by gracegirl, May 19, 2008, 10:55:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gracegirl

Hi Saints,
The following post below is an excerpt of an email I received, twice, from acquaintance/friends who claim to be Christians. Don't know how mature of a christian but I know they mean well. The first one I received was very similiar to the one below and read like a chain letter and says, like this one, that it Was not!  Even though this sounds very "christianese" and harmless, however I get a Red flag when I hear "God energy" ::).  There's so many counterfeit Christian thoughts and Ideoligies out there that you can easily get deceived by them if  you can't discern sound doctrine.  I could be completely overly concious about this, so I thought I'd consult you all on this and get your thoughts.

"Hello EVERYONE:

Let me begin by stating that no this is not some chain link forward. I carefully selected every person that I am sending this to. If you get this, then I intentionally sent it to you! The reason I am writing you all is because I have noticed a trend that I would like to reverse and I need your help to do so. I've noticed that most people glorify the negative moments of their lives while glossing over or completely neglecting the positives. How many times have you gotten emails reporting horrible events in someones life? How many times have been asked to pray for someone about something catastrophic and then after you prayed for them you never heard word again about what happened? And now you're sitting there forever wondering was your prayer answered. And finally how many times have you been feeling good and then someone comes along and starts telling you all the bad things that are happening to them and by the time they finish you feel horrible too because now your starting to think about all that's wrong in your life. But imagine if you can how phenomenal it would be if you heard praise reports. Picture feeling down about maybe a financial situation you were facing and then getting a call from someone telling you of the miracle that God had just performed in their life; and how they needed a huge amount of money and had no options to get it, they prayed and then bit by bit it showed up. If you could control your emotions and not be jealous of them and instead be happy for them and say "me too" Lord, then your spirits would be lifted, you would feel much better about the chances of you getting your blessing and therefore putting out the positive energy opposed to the negative. And not just financially, imagine people around you speaking positively about every aspect of their lives. I know we all face obstacles and honestly some days it's all you can do to just get out of bed, but let's try focusing on the positives. If you have read this far please do me a favor and make a pledge to start sending out a praise report. Instead of the bad news of your life I want to hear about your relationship working out when you thought it was over. I want to hear about you getting that job that you didn't think you were qualified for. Tell about that money coming when you didn't know where to turn. Send these types of reports out periodically for the next 30 days. Who knows maybe it will catch on. And more and more we will begin surrounding ourselves in positive energy. God energy! As I said in the beginning of this email I am aware of every person that is getting this so I know that there are people of different faiths, different backgrounds, etc. I am a very proud Christian so my God energy for me means Jesus, but please do not think that I am not talking to you if your beliefs are not the same as mine because I am talking to you. Surround yourself in God/Positive energy. Share your God/Positive energy with us, because I know that God is much bigger than all the tiny little things that we use to divide ourselves
"

Gracious

Wassup Gracegirl, :-*

Ummm...

I hear you sista' ...

To me it seems like this person is tired of people loading their personal baggage on them ... always whining about their problems ... which often breeds "negative energy" ... Amen?  Soooooooo, their solution to this is to encourage those that appear to breed / feed on negative energy & pessimism, is to be grateful for what God has done in their lives & share HIS goodness with others ... which truly does encourage positive Godly energy.

Perhaps there is a difference between earnestly seeking help for a problem - receiving that help - gaining a testimony from it, and spreading that Good News ... AND ... having a problem - whining over & over again about that problem ... with no desire to do the work that it takes to overcome that problem ... just because you have nothing better to do?

Personally, I'm not one for chain letters ... but just that's me.  And like you ... my sista', I'm not too crazy about this writer's methods (verbiage & requests), but I kinda' do agree with the writer's message. :-[

Keepin' it all about JESUS ... works fo' me!
:) :D 8)

Gracious
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

gracegirl

Wassup Gracious, ;D
Yes I agree with the overall intent of the message. I think  for me, part of it comes off a little "New Agey" in its verbiage when he invites people of different faiths and backgrounds to share there "God Energy" ::) You feel me? I don't know what God they serve. Everyone believes in a God but not necessarily Jesus. So you gotta be careful of who's God energy your receiving. I was considering responding to my friend with that to just be aware..or maybe I should just leave it alone :-\?

Forum Administrator

On a recent trip, I had several conversations with a lady who was raised a Christian, but due to difficult experiences in her life, went in search of "truth" and ended up in Buddhism/New Age stuff. She often referred to the "God presence" which was her way of relating her belief of the "divine" in us. I spoke of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit and God the Father to communicate Truth to her. It sounds like the writer of this email is trying to be as unoffensive as possible to those readers who may not be Christians, but s/he does clearly indicate that Jesus is the person being referred to. I'm not really into mail forwards/chain letter type email either, but if I were to forward this, I would probably edit it to remove any doubt or confusion about what/Who is being communicated. I agree that the overal message seems to be along the lines of accentuating the positive. Nothing wrong with that. Eat the fish; leave the bones.  ;) Are we over-analyzing? Probably.  :) But I think there's a good underlying message for us as believers not to present truth in a compromising fashion.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Gracious

I like that FA, "Eat the fish; leave the bones."  :-*

Gracegirl ...  :)

One of the many things I love about GOD, is how HE exposes HIMSELF in us.  I mean, HE used you to uncover something that we all may feel (our ankhs about chain letters).  And the fact that they are not all "off the wall ridiculous" ... some have good messages.  Perhaps, there will come a time for you to share how you are led concerning this, with your friend ... and he will listen & be as blessed by you, as we have been by your sharing.

Gracious

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&