• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

RIVERS - A Christian's Journey

Started by Gracious, October 29, 2006, 11:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracious

Hello Everyone,

From as far back as I can remember, my parents had instilled (inspired) creative writing as a venue for self-expression. All of you have been the inspiration for the following.  With every post that I read and every post that I write here, I'm lovingly reminded that "truly" we are all connected.

As this year comes to a close, let us not forget to remember "the connection" by honoring our Creator - through our "unconditional" love, one for another ... Amen?

From my heart to yours ...

RIVERS - A Christian's Journey
c - 8/5/06

There are rivers that run through our lives....Rivers filled with life! 

There are particles that live in it (our rivers), that settle on the floors of our spirit, and these particles speak to us. They tell us of shores that mark our destiny ... and we choose. 

We choose our paths. However imperfect our choices...we must choose! 
... For if we do not, the particles that settle on the floors of our spirit, will begin to corode and expand, sufficate wind passages, and the life of our rivers will slow ... slow to a still, until that which was once filled with life, drains into it's floor, and we are left stagnent.

Our CREATOR (of heaven and earth), He who sees ALL, considered this human phenomenom, long before the rivers ran, and sent us WIND - for us to flow, RAIN to replenish us, A SON to glitsen, direct and encourage our paths. Oh, this SON ... this SON that many rivers rejected, bore the tempestuos tides that we might flow eternally.

And when the SON had done HIS due ... HIS spirit stirred in the waters, and directed our paths to an OCEAN.

From that moment, instead of flowing aimlessly through time and space ... we gained the clearest wisdom regarding our destination.  The particles that held our needs were met instantly, and the OCEAN's current channeled our rivers to other rivers, and lakes to other lakes, and streams to other streams ... so that all would be connected with one another ... and be replenished ...  forever and ever and ever ...

OH Yes, these rivers that run through our lives!!!

Amen & Amen!!!

Gracious

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&