• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Challenge - Transition - Triumph

Started by bishopbiscuits, September 17, 2006, 02:46:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

Hi Deep Waters!!  :) :) :)

..............Life presents us with many different opportunities. We have many pathways before us through the freedom of choice. As we more clearly develop in our sense of purpose, our personal vision, and establish priorities, we set ourselves towards more specific paths.
.......If we recognise our resources and abilities, and continually grow, we can travel these paths better. With our ultimate goal in mind, we begin to tell the difference between a detour, and the road we must travel.

.............A few questiions to consider:

1)  What are your resources?

2) How well do you know your unique abilities?

3) Do you know your own heart and mind?

4) What opportunities and challenges do/will you take?

5) Which options that life brings are truly worth accepting/taking?

...Whether we are:

..........trying something new that takes us out of our comfort zone.....

..........working towards a personal achievement...

...........seeking to meet and overcome a tough challenge...

.........or, feeling stuck in a situation that doesn't seem like it will change.....

...we must learn how to invest in and draw out from God, and ourselves.

......When we discard a "limited" attitude, we open ourselves up to what God can do, and to getting our individual spirit, mind, and body in place to receive the fulfilment of His will.

.......The past doesn't always dictate the rest of your life. Right now, you can begin to have resolution with your past, and prepare towards your future in Christ.
.........There will be challenges to take on, and distractions to let go of. Areas of neglect that will now receive proper attention, and areas of indulgence, where the tendency  for excess must be managed.

......We are more than conquerers. We can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us. The challenge is to spiritually, mentally, and physically submit to God, and to be steadfast as we tap into Christ's strength, while He brings out the unique expression of the conquerer within each of us.

.......Please feel free to send feedback, and share examples of growth and revelation that God gave you in going through  different situations.   :) :) :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

bishopbiscuits

Hello all  :)

............When I first wrote this post I was in the beginning of a transition at work. I don't like having major changes in my life that are not my idea. Plus, I felt like I had other areas of my life that I meant to put more energy towards. If my position stayed the same, but with a little extra responsibility, that was fine. I could do that on auto-pilot, because I was left alone and trusted to get things done. I came through on my end, and have been honored for that.
..........I didn't ask for this change, and I resented having to be a "rookie" again. I wanted to learn a few more things in my old position before maybe next year facing this transition. With one of the employees of the year commendation last September, and over five years with the company,I was doing well. Honestly speaking though, once they had a gap, I was the most qualified. (Just didn't want the hassles ;) )
...........The new position took me out of my comfort zone. I was now physically stationary, with folks surrounding me who were of good help, but who joked around too much for my tastes. I was now working under a manager who has been with the company a lot shorter time than myself, and was under constant watch by him and the regulars. Plus, the nuances of keeping all of the paperwork straight and accurate quickly wore on me.

...........The transition was bringing up doubts and fears in me. I have had a lot of transitions in my life, especially in my youth. Several homeless shelters, family strife, etc; Each time, it seemed like situations were "dumped" on me. The fend for yourself routine was already old, thank you
[/b]  ::)
......... But the time had come for me to work past my old feelings, embrace my abilty to meet this new challenge, and succeed to the glory of God. I am no longer a child, dependent, lacking knowledge and resources. I have been blessed with favor through the years I have been with my employer. The only way to fail would be to give up. Not having that, of course. ;)
..........With the passing of my Dad earlier this year, I am planning on keeping in touch a little more with family. Since I will develop and start my own part-time business next year, I have research and planning to do. plus, I have got to manage the regular stuff. The good thing is, I know now that I can do these things. As long as I am steadfast and wise, I won't have reason to be fearful or resentful about facing these and other changes to come.  Thank God for grace :) :) :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1