• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

It's In Your Mouth

Started by Forum Administrator, September 07, 2006, 06:13:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

It's in your mouth

The Bible says the captain of a great ship controls that massive ship with a small helm, and compares that helm to the tongue. It says though the tongue is a little member, it boasts great things (James 3:5). Put your tongue to work and let it bring forth great things in your life.

As small as your tongue is, it's the most powerful member in your body. Your tongue can take you either to heaven or to hell. It can make you rich or poor, put new clothes on your back or dress you up in rags. It all depends on how you use it.

You see people in the streets, homeless and destitute - their tongues kept them there. It doesn't matter how you got into the situation you're in, you don't have to stay there. Your tongue can stop you from receiving what you ought to have or bring it to you. It all depends on how you use it.

Now if you don't use your tongue at all, don't think nothing will happen, something will still result from that. You know there's no such thing as a clean piece of farmland waiting to be cultivated. If the farmer doesn't sow something in the farm, it would grow something by itself, something unwanted - weeds.

So when you say, "Whatever will be, will be," that's like you saying, "Well, I've cleared this piece of land, whatever can grow there should grow." You can be sure what's going to grow there won't be nice.

You can use your tongue to programme yourself for a successful, tremendous life or for a life full of grief and regrets.

Some people think all their mouth is meant for is talking, eating, and drinking. These are all lesser uses of the mouth. Some even smoke and curse with it. When you study the Manual (the Bible), you'll discover the most important use of the tongue and the mouth. The primary reason God gave you a mouth is clearly stated in Joshua 1:8: "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

Now the Hebrew word translated 'meditate' is 'hagah' and it means to mutter or speak under your voice. When you're meditating, it means you're talking or muttering something to yourself.

So when he said, "Thou shalt meditate," he meant "Thou shall talk the Word under your voice to yourself day and night." Sometimes it may look like you're soliloquizing. You may just be standing somewhere and talking to yourself. People may look at you funny, thinking something is wrong with you, but that's what it means when the Bible says we are a peculiar people. You shouldn't be bothered by what they think or say because you're doing God's Word.

From the Book:
PROPHECY: Understanding the Power that Controls Your Future
BY PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

sagesong

This was right on time.  My nephew has meditation time at his school each morning.  They are asked to sit "Indian" style with their thumbs against their two middle fingers, clear their minds and relax.  When he demonstrated this to me, it seemed very new age to me.  I was bothered.  Very much so.  I know I probably take things to seriously, but it bothered me.

Then the thought "meditate on the word of God day and night" came to me.  I asked him  to please use that time to think about the word of God and to pray.

Reading your post helped reiterate that mediation in and of itself is not a bad thing, depending on what you are meditating on.   
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Acknowledge him in all of your was and he shall direct your paths.