• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

A Special Annoucement for High School Students and More!

Started by Forum Administrator, December 09, 2005, 09:44:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

DEAR SUPERINTENDENTS, TEACHERS AND FRIENDS OF EDUCATION:

I am thrilled to write you with exciting news for your high school students.

On January 16, 2006, The Oprah Winfrey Show is doing something we've never done before. In addition to announcing my new book club selection--which I promise is mandatory reading for every human being on the planet--I will also announce Oprah's National High School Essay Contest to accompany it.

The essay contest will be based on the book I reveal and will be open to high school students across America. Then, based on their essays, a panel of learned judges will select 50 high school students. Each finalist, along with one designated parent or guardian, will receive a trip to a special Oprah Show taping in late February.

To support this nationwide initiative, my website--Oprah.com--will offer comprehensive study materials for students, teachers and parents. This is an important book that I hope will be discussed in homes and schools across the country.

To make this happen, I'll need your help. Please get the word out to your students, their parents and teachers.

Remember, I will announce the title of the book that I've chosen on the air, Monday, January 16, 2006. So check your local listings for times. Immediately after that announcement, the essay contest will begin. The deadline for entries is Monday, February 6, 2006, so time is of the essence.

For the latest details on Oprah's National High School Essay Contest, stay tuned to Oprah.com. We're hoping to get as many students and educators involved as possible. Thank you for working with us.

Finally, please accept my heartfelt gratitude for all you do to make education a priority in your circle of influence. I applaud you for this important work.

Here's to Books! Happy Holidays!
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14