• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Power in giving thanks to God

Started by bishopbiscuits, October 25, 2005, 08:23:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

..........I was on my way to work one day, taking public transportation, after leaving later than I should have. I ran into the train station, raced up the escalator steps, turned the corner to catch the train on the platform, just to see its doors close!!
.........After all my heroic effort, I was left on the platform waiting for the next train, and getting more behind. >:(
..........I  was in the midst of feeling a little sorry for myself, or at least not looking forward to being late. Then something came into my spirit:

My thanksgiving shall not cease, because His goodness is forever more!!

............I was like, "WHoa"  and it challenged me to immediately consider my attitude. 

...........Then it came back again:

............and I was like," That's right!  I can choose how I go through this situation. I don't like the situation, but if I let this ruin my vision and hope for this day,  I will be miserable by the end. And not likely to help anyone around me feel or be any better."

............I could have gone in to work irritated, ashamed, or let disappointment cloud my confidence. I could have gone "Here I go again", because this was not my first time being slightly behind schedule. But having something simple to help my  direction, made that whole day better. ;D
...........This in turn helps me to honor God and be focused in doing things well. I still want the best in me to come forth that day, even if it doesn't go perfectly. Do good, then the next day, do better.  Keep progressing. Have some fight and tenacity/determination to how I face the things that come up.

.............That phrase I like to remind myself of at times, because I want it to be true in me, even in the tougher situations:

..............There are times when our plans get changed, we make mistakes, or we are subject to someone else's mistakes. We can choose how we are affected by everyday happenings. Through prayer and a focused mind we can keep ourselves in the right lanes, instead of making a series of left turns.

.........When My focus is more on God and the continuous hope I have through Christ, than on my temporary circumstances, my day and I am better, and it shows.  ;D

Joshua1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

bishopbiscuits

If you have a testimony in the area of thanksgiving/appreciation, you are welcome to share it here or start  your own topic. Don't underestimate your testimony's ability to help someone else  :) :) :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1