• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Empower Others & Share Your Testimony

Started by Forum Administrator, October 25, 2005, 11:32:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

Empower Others & Share Your Testimony

Domestic violence affects 1 in 4 women in the United States and 1 in 3 globally. This silent epidemic must be exposed and remain on the forefront of social causes.
Sharing one's testimony allows survivors of domestic violence to experience healing and release from pain. Reading another's testimony develops empathy for women and children who have been affected by this disease of rage, fear and aggression. If you have a story to tell or would like to remember a survivor in your life, please add it to the testimony page. As Al Collins of 100 Words of Wisdom so eloquently states, "Tell A Sistah Your Story."

Add your story...
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Artina Todd-Norris

Thank you for opening this forum for that prayfully will empower others to indeed share their testimonies.

Domestic Violence has impacted many of our lives either personally or through association.  Abuse is a patterned behavior that is generally used by the domineering person in a relationship to control the actions and emotions of another.    Domestic Violence can happen to anyone.  It is time to break this vicious cycle and allow our voices to be heard. 

Victims of Domestic Violence are Violated, Isolated, Confused, Timid, Intimidated and Masked.  As a survivor, I have personally experienced each of these emotions and  I am determined to Give Voice To Victims of Domestic Violence.  I often asked myself what I could have done differently to protect myself.  This answer may surprise some and astonish others, but abuse did not allow me the opportunity to prepare myself for survival.  I found myself in an unfortunate situation that I was not equipped or prepared to hand.  Thank God I SURVIVED!

To those who currently find themselves in an abusive relationship, please remember, that you are SOMEBODY! YOU HAVE WORTH AND VALUE.  YOU ALSO HAVE RIGHTS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO COMMUNICATE OPENLY AND HONESTLY WITHOUT THE FEAR OF BEING JUDGED OR RIDICULED. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE WITHOUT FEAR OF BEING PUSHED, SHOVED, SLAPPED, KICKED OR CHOKED.  YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR INNERMOST FEELINGS, DREAMS, THOUGHTS, FAILURES, AND SUCCESSES WITHOUT FEAR.  YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE YOUR OWN INTERESTS, IDEAS AND FRIENDSHIPS AND TO HAVE YOUR EMOTIONAL NEEDS MET THROUGH AFFECTION, KINDNESS, CARING AND RESPECT. REMEMBER YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL.

It is my prayer that these words comfort the heart of the hurting. Take that first step and share your heart. I will respond! 

Artina

amqueen11

Artina I just left a long story of mines under signs of abuse in a relationship and I need some advice. Can you read my story and let me know if I'm wrong or not? I feel so much happier without him. HELP!!! I need advice!!!!

wisdancage

I am determined to Give Voice To Victims of Domestic Violence.  I often asked myself what I could have done differently to protect myself.  This answer may surprise some and astonish others, but abuse did not allow me the opportunity to prepare myself for survival.  I found myself in an unfortunate situation that I was not equipped or prepared to hand.
Thanks