• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

The First Step Towards Healing!

Started by ANewDay, March 24, 2005, 10:09:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ANewDay

Since the last time that we have talked things have change a little for me.  My marriage may have hope.  I have started feeling warmth in my heart towards my husband, we laugh more, and we spend more time together. When I look into his eyes I see love and that he want me to believe in him.
Yes I still have doubts about certain things.  Sometimes I act upon them, but majority of the times I don't.  When I am in doubt my husband will talk to me. (Shocking)  Since that time I have been the court from the first time I caught him.  He accomplished me to court; I don't think that the women like seeing us together.  She said that she was not going to prosecute me. But then she had a change in heart (family members). For some reason this women did not see my point of view
as a wife, she felt that she was a victim.  And that is something I didn't understand.
  To make a long story short my husband told her that she was going to drop the charges and that is what she did.  Hopefully with time all wounds will heal, I am glad that this is over, even though the charges was dropped the judge order that we can not have contact with each other for two years ( me or the women).  Well, I will move on for now.  I thank god for the joy that I have now, because two months ago I thought that my world was coming to an end.  I state that my husband convinced the women to drop charges; I know that it was not him, but an act of GOD!!!!  He let me know that he had never left me.  And at one point I though he did. 

Sincerely,
                  A New Day

Forum Administrator

Hi ANewDay! That is wonderful to hear. As I've said before, as long as there is God, there is hope! It's not time that is going to heal the wounds, it's what you do with that time and it sounds like you're on the right track. Doubts will come as you work at rebuilding trust, but as long as you continue to "prove all things and hold fast to that which is good," you will stay on course. Stay focused, or as my husband would say, "stay on point."  :)

ANewDay's journey:
When to give up?
I haven't given up, but will I ever believe in him?
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14