• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Every Sunday: Gospel Brunch at World Cafe Live

Started by Deep Waters Support Team, February 22, 2005, 12:31:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Waters Support Team

BLACK GOSPEL PROMO PRESENTS SUNDAY GOSPEL BRUNCH @ WORLD CAFE LIVE!

Food And Faith Make Beautiful Music At Philly's First Sunday Gospel Brunch!

THE ULTIMATE LIVE MUSIC EXPERIENCE @ THE WORLD CAFE LIVE!
Black Gospel Promo, Inc.-the gospel industry's premier internet e-blast marketing firm and the World Cafe Live have partnered to feature a weekly Sunday gospel brunch.

Sunday gospel brunches have become immensely popular in markets like New York City, Chicago, Washington, DC and Orlando, attracting a loyal and diverse following of both gospel enthusiasts and those new to the sacred music genre. The World Cafe Live, Philadelphia's celebrated new restaurant and live music venue, introduced the concept with much success to the market in October of 2004.

World Cafe Live owner Hal Real, who discovered the concept of gospel brunches during a weekend excursion to the Big Apple, says the appeal of the brunches transcends religion. "It doesn't matter how you were raised, what you believe in or even if you believe, but I have yet to meet anyone who can resist the pure joy of this music," he offered.

After attending a function at the World Cafe Live, Black Gospel Promo, Inc. owner Veda Brown contacted the establishment about a potential collaboration. "I was impressed with the World Cafe Live from the moment I stepped onto the premises," admitted Brown.

"As gospel industry promoter with a passion for gospel music I fell in love with the decor, its atmosphere and the professionalism and hospitality of the staff. Did I mention the food was great? So, after learning about their weekly gospel brunch, I felt compelled to communicate my passion with the World Cafe Live team and the vision to join forces was born. They will provide the wonderful venue and I'll provide the extraordinary talent," she added.

The Gospel Brunch at World Cafe Live takes place each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. Performances take place at 12:30 p.m. Previous performers included The Dixie Hummingbirds, Marie Knight, and The Huff Singers.

Tickets are $30 for adults; $15 for kids 12 and under; and $25 for groups of 8 or more. The ticket price includes both the performance and the accompanying brunch.

The decadent soul food menu features a plentiful buffet with the following: Croissants, Muffins, Bagels, Breakfast Sausage, Hickory Smoked Bacon, Grits, Potato Hash, Scrambled Eggs, French Toast w/ fresh fruit, and Grilled Ham Steak w/ clove pineapple chutney.

"I look forward to making an impact in Philly with my new partners, World Cafe Live," Brown concluded.

For tickets, visit the World Cafe Live online or by phone at 215-222-1400.