• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Insecurities

Started by Novelist, November 17, 2004, 01:09:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

I have come to realize that most of the time, some women are facing insecurity issues, which comprises of envy, jealousy, low self-esteem, identity, and acceptance.  At times, we want the attention of love and understanding, yet we are abused by not only men, but our friends, family, and most of all: we hurt ourselves by placing the blame on what we are not.  Insecurity is not happenstance, it is an epidemic in mentality and emotion.  Over the years, women have fought for many rights, although we are becoming successful in most industries, scars are still within us.  I am not speaking of women who are highly favored and they know it, I am speaking of the women who are highly favored and do not realize how special they are.  Yes, it will take increments of time before some will come to the light, which should be the light of the Lord.  Women as myself, have been offended, which I received an incredible insight by Pat Ashley who said that offend means off end.  Numerous times, we are knocked off our end because of the emotional attachments, reactions, and disasters that invaded our hearts.  Vulnerability plays a part in how women view themselves, take it from me, I have been most of these things by the way I thought of myself.  I experienced jealousy, envy, low self-esteem, and emotional outbursts.

My words are not temporary, they derive from heart-felt reflections and I wanted to share my testimony because women are beautiful in every shape, form, and size.  God made us and believe me, I have to improve my way of thinking because God is still rebuilding and reinventing me.  He can do the same for anyone whether you were abused, abandoned, or broken.  Insecurities comes from various areas in our lives such as mistrust, hurt, residue from relationships, and comparisons.  In fact, I was a bit of all of these things because I did not see the beauty that God made before my eyes.  My looks were a problem, then it was my personality, later it was my intelligence or the things I did not have.  It was rough for me to get over many things, but finally, I am coming around.  Women, I wanted to say that we are God's Jewel and he does not create jewels without value and worth.  Be encourage and pray for yourselves and the women who may be hurting in deep places.  For this is the place in deep waters to receive our healing.  Be blessed.

Novelist.

Xanadu012

Wonderfully stated.   Even at this very moment I'm "hiding out" on-line in an effort to avoid a party for a friend.  My own insecurities comtinue to arise the closer that hour nears.  I needed to read this posting.