• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

I NEED A MIRACLE!!!

Started by Novelist, November 11, 2004, 12:24:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

Currently, I am encountering issues in regards to my finances and employment.  Although I have been hired for a seasonal job, I am not sure if this opportunity would last for me.  With all gratitude, I thank God for blessing me with the interview and being apart of a seasonal assignment.  However, there are still issues with my finances.  With this job, most of my problems will not be resolved.  I need a miracle.  For one, God is in the midst and I know somehow he is going to provide and sometimes it is hard to believe.  Right now, I have issues with my schooling situation with financial aid.  A couple years ago, there was an overpayment history on my record and now they want me to repay the money, but this is not my fault.  For a long time, I had no idea what was going on and now I have to repay for something I had absolutely no knowledge.

Soon, I need to start repaying student loans, credit cards, simply, I need to get it together.  Before I could do anything, I need a permanent job position.  Without a steady job, how can I manage my obligations monthly or weekly?  This is my dilemma.  All I want to do is repay what I know I am responsible for and move on.  Yes, I messed up my credit and now I have to rebuild my credibility again.  In order to buy a home, a car, or receive some good benefits, the least I could have is positive credit.  I am embarassed by all of this because I am too young to experience this hardship in my life, yet I am apart of the reason why I am here to begin with.

I need a miracle from the heavens to send a working angel to lead me in the right direction.  I am woman enough to step up to the plate of responsibility and I have the heart to do what I need to do, except my job situation was one of the leading battles in my life for the past couple years.  I want to do better and be more responsible in making decisions about checks and balances.  I am looking for a miracle and I expect the impossible.  Pray for my strength in the Lord.

Forum Administrator

Hi Novelist. You don't need a miracle; you need to use what you already have. This is an opportunity for you to stretch your faith and obedience. If you are faithful with what you have--as little as it may seem--God has promised to bless you with more. Start where you are. You have posted several times in this forum indicating that you want a job so that you can pay your tithes and your bills. We celebrate with you that you have found a job!  ;D Now I encourage you to do as you said you desired to do.

If you have debts outstanding, contact your creditors, explain your situation to them and make arrangements to send something in every month even if it is a small amount. Be proactive about it because if you wait, your creditors may interpret your lack of contact as irresponsibility, or a lackadaisical attitude. If there was an overpayment years ago that you never received, contest it and request that an inquiry or investigation be opened. Normally under such circumstances, payments are deferred until the inquiry has been resolved. If you did receive the money, then you must pay it back as agreed.

If you messed up your credit, it will not be repaired overnight. But it can and will be repaired if you remain focused, keep that as one of your goals, and do the things that you need to do in order to accomplish that goal. As a life lesson, you have to learn to take bite size chunks instead of trying to tackle the whole thing all at once. Small steps may be small steps, but they still get you where you need to go. Slower is not always a bad thing. Take advantage of the free resources available on the Deep Waters resources for finances page.

Have you noticed that every time you try to anticipate the future you become distressed? Let God give you your daily bread. He has promised to meet your needs. If your expression of gratitude is followed by a 'however' or a 'but' it's really not gratitude; it's what I call a "candy-coated complaint." Don't miss this opportunity to practice some of the things that have been discussed with you here in Deep Waters. Be thankful. Be positive. Be faithful. Pray instead of worrying and do those things that you know you need to do and that you're able to do.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Novelist

I appreciate your words of encouragement and wisdom.  You have truly set the foundation for me to see that my gratitude is candy coated and I must believe in God.  Although I have to repay loans and credit cards, do you think it is too late to call the creditors because it has been at least two years and I have not called anyone in regards to my situation.  Most of my debt are in collections so I am not sure if I call them, it would rectify the situation because they already view me as irresponsible.  The statement I made about my job, although it is seasonal, I meant that it may not turn out to be permanent.  Right now, I am searching for other opportunities and I am volunteering for a medical center as well.  I am staying busy and productive because I want experience.  I thank God for the opportunities and I am not sure what is going to happen next.  I believe that is the part that is unpredictable and I fear the unknown.

I agree with you about doing what I can and that is what I intend to do.  Paying my tithes, my telephone bill, and getting my car repaired.  I am praying for God to open the doors and walk in faith.  At times, I have the habit of adding "but" and "however", it is honesty.  With all my heart, I want to believe and I am working on that.  Continue to pray for me and I am getting better and better, I know it.  God is working and he is giving me the strength to go out there and earn a living and give him glory for all the opportunities that he opens for me.  Truly, I am not sure where all of this is going or how it is going to work out, yet God is in control.  Thank you for the insight, I receive your words of wisdom.