• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Problems with Employment

Started by Novelist, October 12, 2004, 02:09:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

Today, jobs are competitive to grab and if you do not have the experience, then you are in trouble.  This is my outlook on success because I am a recent graduate, I need to start making a living, but I do not have much experience.  I have the desire to learn, I am trainable, driven, ambitious, dependable, and more! Employers are overlooking a great employee as myself and it discourages me.  I did all that I can do in order to find a job and sometimes it is rough.  What can I do to improve my esteem for work because it has been a difficult road of recovery for me.  

At this time, I have debt that I need to pay off, but my employment situation is going in circles.  What am I doing wrong?  Soon, I will need to repay my student loans, plus bills, and eventually move out on my own.  It is prideful to say, but I feel like I am helpless and hopeless sometimes.  I want to succeed in life and knowing that success is not about money all the time, it can be growth, maturity, doing something great for someone else.  Clearly, my heart is in the right place, but getting there has been a hell raising experience.  I want to increase my faith and know that God is my resource for anything and everything.  I am ready to move on and start working and being productive again.

In my spare time, I read more, write poetry, get on the internet to look for jobs, send my resume' to various places, and attempt to keep myself in composure.  Life is educational, realistic, and challenging for itself.  From all of this, my patience has been tried over and over, so I am doing all that I can in order to stay balanced, although, I go through my times of dejection, I am praying for God to work a miracle in my life completely.  Pray for me.

ethereal

Regardless of what polls, news reports and the like tell you, it's never going to be a breeeze finding not only A job, but the RIGHT job. The best thing that you can do whioe unemployed, is to keep your present skills sharp and maybe add some new ones. Keep in mind that you may have to go in a slightly different direction than you want, in order to get where you want to be. God IS your source, but that doesn't negate OUR feelings of inadequacy, etc. When we feel helpless hopeless, what that mostly means is that we've run out of ideas and/or our own machinations have failed us and that is EXACTLY what God wants. He wants our hands off of our lives so He can do His thing! Be encouraged Nov, before you know it, you'll have to remember when you didn't have a job!

Novelist

Finding the right job is difficult, especially when the location, environment, and compatible co-workers are.  It is imperative to be flexible for situations, when you may not quickly adapt to certain people or things on the job, but at least you can have a pay check in the meantime.  I pray that God will provide a job in the right place for me, where I can grow and become an intricate part of the management team.  It may be hard work, but life does not promise the glitter and gold of success in those settings.  Yes, I remember times when I was unemployed as well as employed and now here I am again.  I need to start working and prayerfully stay working.  I am not satisfied where I am, but if I can do better, I will make the effort.

Currently, bills are due, student loans, and maintaining other necessities.  Most importantly, I want to start tithing again and I feel bad when I go to church and do not have the means to pay my tithes.  Afterall, God is supplying my needs, I have breath in my body, shelter, and food.  He is meeting those needs and I know that other needs have to be met too.  I have needs and there are wants too.  For instance, I would like to have a better car, have my own apartment, and buy some of the things I want at least every once in a while.  As a woman, hair, pedicures, manicures, and nice clothing is desirable.  There is more than this and I am not thinking materialistically.  These are the needs and wants that not only I desire, but others as well.  Right now, money is needed in many ways.

With all of my heart, I thank God and I am focusing on him as my source.  Although I have concerns, somehow God is going to supply my need of a job that is right for me and enable me to pay my bills and debt.  I pray that all of this will pass so I can make a new start.  When a fresh start comes my way, I want to enjoy that time to reflect on the blessings of God and yes I want to be a blessing to others too.  In my mind, all I want to do is PAY ALL OF MY BILLS IN FULL AND BE DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!!
Is that too much to ask?  This is my petition to God and I want to be responsible for paying these things back with help from God.  I am on the job hunt and I am making an effort to find the job where I can make some money, but have stability as well.

ethereal

Nov - I'll address some points from your last post:

1) Your "tithe" is not always about money. Have you inquired as to whether or not your church can use any volunteers? Time is one of the things that we don't give back to God as we should.

2) It's never too much to ask that you be able pay your bills. God desires that we have a good name by glorifying through being good stewards

3) I assure you, God will step in right on time. Anytime that I have been without and it was NOT a direct result of my own mishandling, He has come through at the EXACT monent that was necessary. Not when I first asked and not when I thought, but at the precise moment in time that was necessary, so that no one (me included) could deny that it was God.

David Dupree

Hi Novelist,

I would echo what Ethereal has said and encourage you to not let your wait be a weight. I would also encourage you, if you have not done it, to read Though the Vision Tarry - Waiting for my Promised Mate //www.dathea.com/vision  by Aleathea Dupree.  

Her book really gets into some principles of how to wait on God and keeping your wait under control.

I am reminded of a sermon by a Pastor who preached at our church a while ago.  He stated that for the people at his church who were unemployed, it was their job to pray at the church for 8 hours a day.  

There are things that you can do to make this time of employment searching very productive and a blessing to the body of Christ.   For we do know that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord and are the called according to His purpose.  

Let me add a piece to Ethereal's reply.  Yes God wants us to have a good name.  But still His name is the name that still must have preeminence.  Therefore remember that scripture recalls that "never have I seen the righteous forsaken nor His seed begging for bread." God will keep His name in the clear even above your name.  

In the meantime, I would suggest you examine your previous employment experiences.  Did you cut back on your worship life because of your employment?  Were you able to participate and attend Bible study with your employment?  Has your worship life increased while unemployed?  Have you attended more to your spiritual welfare while in this season?  

Whatever the case, remember that God is a jealous God who desires relationship with His children.  His relationship is not conditioned on you being in times of plenty or in times of despair.  His "Come unto me all you" is always in the present tense.  

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"