• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

I Need Help With My Credit!

Started by Forum Administrator, October 01, 2004, 04:48:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

Many of those who visit Deep Waters are struggling with financial issues and are looking for help to get out of debt. Managing your finances begins with being aware of your credit scores and managing the areas of your finances that affects them. All of us need to be aware of what our credit (FICO) scores are. Your credit scores affect and are affected by every area of your finances. They are the first things that are reviewed when you want to apply for a credit card, buy a house or a car, and many other things. You should order copies of your credit report at least once a year from all three reporting agencies: Transunion, Equifax and Experian. Deep Waters highly recommends the Suze Orman FICO Kit which allows you to view all three reports instantly online, correct errors and get personal coaching on managing or paying off your debt. Get your credit reports and find out what your FICO score is.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

MontreatGal

The only advice I can give is DO NOT sign up with ANY of thse companies that say they can fix your credit or negotiate for lower amounts to pay back and such as that.  I did that and it was mistake after mistake.  Your credit will be ruined because the companies do nothing to protect your credit and just take your money and months and months down the road send a little moeny to the credit card company or whomever you owe.  Stay away from them!
Your best bet is to be honest, go to a bank or some such entity and lay out everything before them.  If they can't help you, they will find someone who can.
Hang in there. There is no easy way to get out of debt, but it can be done.  I know this from personal experience.