• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Dreams / Visions

Started by Jesaira, September 20, 2004, 03:24:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesaira

I need help!  I am in a place where I feel the tugging of the Lord to pursue several business ventures, but here's the thing...currently, my credit is horrible.  I have several business in my spirit and I feel like I have not been a good steward.  I want to do and be all God has said but I feel somewhat as if I have failed in many ways.  By now, I should be much further along and I am not.  I am very artistic and God has shown me that my wealth is wrapped up in my gifts.  I have realized numerous prophetic words about business, dreams, etc..  But I feel stuck and bound to a "job"; further, I don't know how to actualize what God has said.  

I feel like I am fighting an aged battle.  My family has major potential but no one has actually stepped out in that potential.  I feel like I am fighting my families' demons.  I need some insight in this area, badly!  

Also, it will be very difficult for me to be approved for any financing beause I had emergency surgery in May and I did not have disability as a result, I fail behind in all of my monthly obligations and thus lowered my credit score tremendously.  I honestly don't know where to start.  I am working as a mortgage broker but I haven't been able to close any deals and unfortunately, I am unable to get out of the rut that I'm in.  I need help!

Please help!

God's Chosen,

Jesaira L. Glover
And now I will show you the most excellent way...love

David Dupree

Hi Jesaira,

First of all let me just say that God has a wonderful habit of showing the end, but never showing the process that gets you from beginning to end.  

Let me also say that I am a firm believer in the Biblical principle of tithing.  I believe that tithing is right even for today.  

I hope that you are a faithful tither.  If not, let me encourage you to begin today giving God what is right instead of what is left.  God desires the "first fruits."
God's financial principles work.  

In the meantime, you can actualize each idea.  But it is your money management that will help you be able to retain wealth.   You are on the right track in desiring to clean up your credit and get your financial status in order.  

One key to straightening out your situation is to remember that you are in control of your situation.  Don't let your situation control you.  Take charge.  You may have to endure some troubling phone calls from creditors...just take the calls and be honest with them.  Pay something to each of them every month.  Effort goes along way with getting creditors to work with you. Target one card, preferably the one with the lowest balance, and work towards paying that one off.  The success will encourage you to work hard on the next card.  Once the one is paid off, use that payment as an additional amount on the next card.  You will decrease the time it  takes to pay the cards off as well as saving yourself a great deal in interest charges.  You may have to make some personal sacrifices, but you will appreciate it in the long run.

Concerning your ideas, write the vision, make it plain.  Develop a plan for implementing your idea.  Find someone you can really trust.  I mean really!  Then confide in that person and see if that person believes in your idea and in your plan or has some suggestions for improving your plan.  Develop a written plan for financially implementing your idea.

Sure, God said it and that settles it.  But the Bible says that "wisdom is the principal thing therefore get wisdom.  But in all your getting, get understanding."  So just because you received a wonderful idea, remember there is quite a journey between idea and fruition.  Use wisdom in bringing forth the idea.

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

Jesaira

Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes, I am a tither but I need some practical wisdom on financial management.  I appreciate you covering every area for me.

I have begun to search for the person to share my dreams and ideas with.  And I have begun to write the vision.  Thanks, your insight was confirmation for me.

God Bless!
God's Chosen,

Jesaira L. Glover
And now I will show you the most excellent way...love

Forum Administrator

Hi Jesaira. Here's some additional information that may also be helpful.

1. If you don't have a recent copy of your credit reports, I would recommend you get a copy of all three (Transunion, Experian, and Equifax).  You can get all three from myfico.com. I highly recommend the Suze Orman Fico Kit which provides all three reports, lifetime 15% discount on any future credit score inquiries, built-in error correction capability (which allows you to find credit report errors and print correction letters automatically), personalized advice for improving your FICO (credit scores) based on your actual information, and coaching from Suze Orman (a renowned financial advisor) on how to best manage your debt to get debt-free. You can find out more about Suze Orman at www.suzeorman.com.

2. Take advantage of the free financial resources offered on the Deep Waters financial resources page. You will find information on how to get budgeting help and/or debt counseling.

3. As David has recommended, get your business plan together. Visit the Small Business Association (SBA) for information/links about:
- Business Plan Basics
- Writing the (Business) Plan
- Using the Plan
- Specific Training

4. Be sure to check out the special interest for women page for resources that offer unique opportunities and guidance for women entrepreneurs.

5. Use the Internet and library to your advantage to search for information on grants available to female entrepreneurs. You will find some information on the SBA site here. Do an Internet search on Google using the keywords: small business women minority* grant and see what comes back.
*If applicable

Hopefully, this will get you started. Don't beat yourself up about the past. You still have a future. If God has given you a vision, He already knew all of the limitations and struggles you would encounter and He has made provision and preparation for all. Above all, don't give up! Habakkuk 2:3

"For the vision is yet for the appointed time;
          It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail.
          Though it tarries, wait for it;
          For it will certainly come, it will not delay."  
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14