• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

What does it mean to be submissive?

Started by Forum Administrator, March 13, 2004, 10:21:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Administrator

I've heard people say that the Bible says that wives should submit to their husbands. Does that mean that a wife should do everything her husband says?

What do you think it means?
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

hebrew_sista

a woman should do what the Most High says first ALWAYS, even if it does not coincide with what her husband dictates.

Yah first, husband second, then kids, then other things, but Yah is ALWAYS to be first because it is from Him that all blessings flow and if you are keeping Him first, everything else will be as it should.

skydejki

I too am searching for true biblical submission, from my personal study I know that it does not mean that I am his personal servant or slave. reading many books on the topic submission to me means that I respect and revere my husbands position as man and leader of our home and that he is to lead . I am his helper, partner I am to submit to my husband as he submits to Christ in his life, so yes having God 1st in your life and marriage will make submission easier.