• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

An Observation

Started by 1EagleSky, January 21, 2018, 09:21:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1EagleSky

It has been a REALLY long time since I've posted on this site. Blessings and encouragement to all in this New Year of 2018.
I'm sure all of us are familiar with the expression, "Jack of All Trades, Master of None." This refers to people who know A LITTLE ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS. If your house needed a major repair job, in all honesty, would you give Jack full reign to repair everything in your house? I am sure you would say no, just do one or two repairs, get a professional to do the rest. If you were stingy enough to pay Jack to repair your whole house, I'm sure you'd be sweating bullets the whole time, lol!!! I find in my life experience as it relates to romantic relationships, I was a lot like that Jack of All Trades: focusing on whether or not he liked me as just a friend or something more, wondering why others seemed to never have relationship issues, money issues, etc, etc. I think at some point, we've all had those kinds of worries. Perfectly natural. The problem comes when we become distracted from developing who we are and what God wants us to be. Distraction can result in unnecessary delay. FOCUS on you and God's agenda for you. When you don't do this, it is like participating in a marathon, but instead of running, youstart focusing on how everyone is passing you by, instead of making sure you do all you can to finish the race. Professionals put all their effort into achieving a single goal. Jack of All Trades are unfocused and all over the map. Stay focused on your goal. Mr. Right will notice and pursue you! You won't have to call him, add him as a Facebook friend, get your friend who works with him to send along a message from you. It is a message many women of all ages don't want to hear, fearing others are being blessed with relationships while they are forgotten, but it's true, as true as 1+1=2.

Forum Administrator

Hi, 1EagleSky! I enjoyed reading your post and appreciate your insight and input. "Distraction can result in unnecessary delay. FOCUS on you and God's agenda for you." I love and agree with that!

I'm quite a bit late seeing this post. The forum was in an archived state, but there have been requests to get it going again. I am giving that serious consideration. What do you think about that? Should we dive back into Deep Waters?  :)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14