• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

How do men help women become more Christ-centered in a relationship?

Started by jadekay, October 25, 2008, 01:21:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jadekay

As leaders of the relationship, what are certain things that men can do and can't do to help a woman become more Christ-centered?

Forum Administrator

Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

jadekay

a serious relationship between a Christ-centered man and a Christ-centered woman, who want to develop a serious relationship towards marriage.

David Dupree

Not being unequally yoked with unbelievers includes persons who do not believe what you believe.  If a man determines that there are substantial differences in what he believes as opposed to a woman in whom he is interested, then if she is not "drawn" by the the Holy Spirit, then he should really be prayerful concerning whether it is the Lord leading him "into" such a relationship.

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

Gracious

PREACH Docta' DD :)

Ok ummmm ... tried to "shotren"  this  :P but errr ahhh ... anyways ...

Once again, very thought provoking my sister jadekay .   :)

I've added the word "dating", cause you'd stated previously in another conversation, that your postal threads are geared towards "how we transition" into marriage, with or without ??? using the avenue of dating (paraphrasing of course).

"Dating" in a "Christ-centered  relationship .. Is it, or "should it " be the man who "is the ...ahhh... leader when the couple is dating???  Should dating be a precursor for marriage???

Hmmmm ...

If we are "Christ-centered", surely we strive to live our lives according to what pleases HIM.  Soooo, how do we know what pleases GOD???  Our FATHER in heaven left us two Mediums. When our Christ ascended into the 3rd Heaven, HE fulfilled HIS promise to us, and graced us with an endowment - a Comforter (The Holy Ghost  / The Holy Spirit) and from that HOLY Spirit, was inspired HIS written Word - The Holy Bible. 

The Holy Bible (GOD's Inspiration) is exclusively concerned with our RELATIONSHIP with HIM (HIM-the FATHER, HIM-the SON, HIM-the HOLY GHOST). Meaning, without GOD FIRST in our lives, without a firm & committed relationship with HIM - FIRST ... all else that we may aspire towards will at best, be nothing more than a poorly chiseled imitation.

This may sound "Holy-Roller-ish", but I have SEEN this to be true ... It is never enough to "think" that GOD is merely "IN" a thing ... Amen?  Why?  Because the GOD that we serve is far too GREAT to only consume a portion of any-thing!!!   The GOD that we serve is ... is ... is ... ALL CONSUMING!!!  Either HE "IS" ... (BECAUSE HE IS THE "REAL" - HE IS THE ALL CONSUMING SOURCE OF TRUTH, concerning any-thing)... or that "thing" is a "sad excuse - an imitation " of HIS Greatness!!! 

Ask the devil, for he has cornered the market on cunning imitations ... Amen?

In preparing for marriage ... The role of a "man" is to RELATIONSHIP himself FIRMLY with GOD ... FIRST) ... all else of him will be fortified!  The role of a woman is the same!    PRE-MARRIAGE counseling with Holy Ghost filled conduits is what PREPARES a couple both pre & post their marriage vows.

Let's be honest as Christ-Followers shall we?  The Bible equates "the world" with the enemy - holding within it THAT which is not good for us - leadened with tricks & traps & sad imitations of GOD's Truth!.  Perhaps, "dating" could be one of those?  Though it is wise (biblically speaking) for a man & a woman to test each other's spirit, especially when they are drawn towards each other romantically, the whole "leadership role"  thang' of the man - pre-marriage, appears not to liken itself  to "necessary  preparation" ... but ... to ahhh ... playin' house in ...  "two separate locations"!.

8)
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&