• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Man of God, or Man God Made

Started by womanof1, June 10, 2008, 08:49:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

womanof1

I started dating a man who is a member of my church. He claimed that he was saving himself for marriage, but the first time I came over his house he made an advance at me. Needless to say we fell into temptation. Now after 3 physical encounters I made a vow to "actually" fully give my body back to God. He stopped talking to me prior to even finding out that I was letting go of physical desires. I'm hurting because here I thought this was a man of God who first actually liked me, and two would be supportive of my decision. Now I don't even talk to him, and he ignores my calls and messages. I want more than anything to know how I can get over this feeling of rejection from a man who acted as if I were something special to him. And more the fact that he claims to be a Man Of God, but really he is acting just like every other man in the world I've dated.... For the record I'm not wasting my time wanting to be with him, because of his present actions, nor do I ever want to build something with him now. I just want to know how to reach closer for my feelings for him.
If it is in His will, then it Will be done

Forum Administrator

Hello womanof1. Welcome to Deep Waters. Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your post. It's tough dealing with disillusionment and disappointment. The way to deal with the feelings of rejection is to see things as they really were/are and gain wisdom for the next step. Think about what you have learned from this experience. Don't focus so much on what he did, but on what you can do differently from now on. In this way, you will grow from this and move on to make better, wiser decisions. To use a line from Marvin Sapp's Never Could Have Made It song, you should be able to say, "I'm stronger, I'm wiser, I'm better, much better." Don't allow this to make you bitter and suspicious of every other man you'll meet. Move forward in renewed strength and wisdom. You have not been rejected; you have been liberated.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14