• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Is commitment hard for men?

Started by Novelist, August 06, 2004, 07:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

I wanted to pose this question before, but now here is my chance.  Why are men running from commitment?  Why is the player mentality a plus for them to have 4 women at the same time?  Once, I was dating a guy and he use to be a player at the time I met him.  Although, we did not know each other, but had mutual friends, one day he asked for my number.  Now, at first I did not want to do that, but I said to myself, "Ok, I guess it's not bad to talk sometimes", so we started off ok.  In my mind, I thought he was cool, but he turned out to be horrible.  The bad part was I was falling for him and he wanted to go out as he claimed, but I took my time until I was sure I wanted to go out.  One day, he called and said to me, "I have something to say", so then, he told me that he had a girlfriend.  All this time, he made it seem like it was about us and that disappointed me.  It just seem like it was about us, but in the end, it was unhealthy for me to begin with.

ethereal

Commitment is only hard for a man who has no idea who he is. He is seeking to be defined by the applause of his friends and the bedding of numerous women. The "player" mentality is actually just a malformed "heirloom", passed from generation to generation, with the receiving generation not having the capability to stop it. It takes real men from the previous generations to shake some sense into the present generation in order for this to get back on track. It takes a man to be absolutely sure what God says about being a man, to rid ourselves of the players, pimps, mack daddys, etc.