• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

lies

Started by aaaa, January 06, 2008, 01:25:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aaaa

i have been with my now fiance for several years.  we are getting married in a couple of months, but i have been feeling angry a lot.  this anger started a while ago (years) and comes and goes.  i have had a hard time placing it, but i think it is becuase he lies to me a lot.  he tells little white lies that make me feel foolish.  its like it is fun for him to fool me and see me walking away believing a complete non-truth.  sometimes i catch him, sometimes i don't.  he also tells some bigger lies which i won't go into now, and even though none of these lies are life altering, they make me feel belittled/insecure/not willing to trust or respect him.  i asked him why he does it and he said he doesn't know so we are going to premarital counseling.

is it possible he could being laying a foundation (subconsciously) for bigger lies later? i fear that later down the line he may get bored (which people so often do) and realize that he got away with the little lies earier in our relationship, so why not try a bigger one.  i feel that if someone can lie about the little stuff in such an easy and believable manner, what's gonna keep them from going bigger.  does counseling really help liers?

Forum Administrator

This topic has been responded to in the Engagement/Newlywed section.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14