• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

"All American Presidential Forums on PBS"

Started by Gracious, June 26, 2007, 03:31:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracious

Hello Everyone,

I pray that the Saints are enjoying the summer - as in eating healthier/more nutritiously, enjoying our families, and planting the GOSPEL SEED (The Good News) into lost souls ... Amen?

This thread may on the surfice, appear "not" to be one that should/would  pertain to this site ... however ... doesn't "politics" affect almost every area of our "earthened" lives ???  Hmmm?

Another reason that I've posted this thread is that ... "Ya'll are some prayin' folk, spiritually wise folk ... And LUV'IN folk" ...Amen?  Saints can't lose with THAT kinda combination ... Soooooooo ... please pray for our country & it's leaders ... that America will submit to GOD for "her" healing ... Amen?

Read on, and be blessed!!! :) 

Real quick!!!

America as we know her, is going to mark her history by presenting to her People, a Forum.

On this Thursday - June 28, 2007, from 9:00-10:30 p.m. ET (THIS WEEK) @ Howard University in Washington, DC. ...

...Tavis Smiley
shall moderate the "All American Presidential Forums on PBS." The event will be televised live on PBS and simultaneously webcast at pbs.org.

This Democratic "All American Presidential Forums on PBS" shall mark the FIRST time that a panel exclusively comprised of journalists of color will be represented in primetime.

Questions to the candidates will be posed by FOUR well-noted "Journalists of Color": [/color]

·   Tavis Smiley - "Moderator" - Activist, TV / Radio Host
·   Michel Martin - National Public Radio (NPR)
·   Ruben Navarrette Jr. - nationally syndicated columnist
·   DeWayne Wickham - USA Today and Gannett News Service columnist

Inspired by the book The Covenant With Black America ( www.covenantwithblackamerica.com ) , the candidates will be asked about issues ranging from healthcare and housing to Katrina relief, the economy and the environment.

The 2008 Democratic Candidates for the Presidency of These United States of America ... are as follows:

Democratic Presidential Candidates

1.   Senator Joe Biden (Delaware)
2.   Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (New York)
3.   Senator Christopher Dodd (Connecticut)
4.   John Edwards  (Former Sen. of North Carolina - 2000 Vice-Pres. Candidate)
5.   Mike Gravel (Former Sen. Of Alaska)
6.   Congressman Dennis Kucinich (Ohio)
7.   Senator Barack Obama (Illinois)
8.   Governor Bill Richardson (New Mexico)

Church, if I've learned anything from "OUR" recent past, it is this ...

...To continue to remain complacent and or ignorant about the future OF "OUR Children, Ourselves AND OUR PARENTS is sinful ... YES, GOD will take care us  - what er' be tide!!! But the GREATEST "politician" that "OUR" FATHER ever created was JESUS of Nazarus, whom we've now come to know & receive as JESUS THE CHRIST!!!  YES!!!  HE is our FOUNDATION - A MIGHTY FORTRESS!!!      AMEN?

It is therefore incumbent upon EVERY "RESPONSIBLE" GOD - fearing ... man, woman & child to have our eyes glued to this "live" telecast - get involved in our HEALING of this nation ...in watchful prayer, towards the MOVE of GOD!!!

GOD Bless & Keep You,

Gracious

OH!!! Lest I forget ... Here's the Hyperlink:

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/special/forums/

Read up on the candidates & moderators for edification ... Amen?

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Gracious

Hello Saints,

Dunno how many of you were "blessed" to have viewed this history-in-the-makin'" telecast on last Thursday eve' ... but is was an eye-opener ...  :o :o

What was most illumniating about the Forum, was the tenor ... Amen?  It was most  interesting to me,  that the Iraqi War was NOT the focal point ... EDUCATION (as in our Public & Private school systwms / programs) was. Huh!!!  Go figure?

I, like I'm sure most Christian Folk', & non ??? are most concerned for the welfare of our  "best & brightest" ... our children ... Amen? How "they" are going to fare in this world ... AFTER "WE" adults have finished messing it up? Hmmmm? 

When we consider how it is that we can better ourselves ... for our children / our future ... perhaps pointing our attention / our hearts towards  "EDUCATON"  as in "sound" Christian Education (e.g. learning GOD's Holy Word ... how many of us DEMAND that our young adults go to Sunday School ... this is OUR responsibility as parents!!! ) ... could ??? be a start ??? ...

THEN ...

Making a priority of having "our say" as Christian parents regarding what our children are fed intellectually, when they are away from us 6-8-10 hours a day (Mon.-Fri.)   

Saints ... it was a blessing to see that these particular panelists / candidates "get-it", that EDUCATION (PEACE NOT WAR) is where our dollars would be most beneficial.

Gracious
:)

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&