• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

I'd like a man's point of view

Started by monica53, July 05, 2006, 01:15:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

monica53

This is the situation. A little over a year ago, my best friend and I were in a relationship (it only lasted for about 6-7 weeks). We still hang out about once a week, sometimes more. We said that we were just going to be friends, but the line between friendship and relationship seem to always become foggy. We are not showing romantic affection towards each other. In fact, I really don't think that we have blurred the lines of our friendship since our breakup.

Last week, he stated that we were blurring these, but he didn't tell me why. We haven't even done anything. The last time we had a conversation like this he put most of the blame on me. I do still have feelings for him, but I don't know if it is romantic or if I just like him in a best friend type of way. Either way I am not ready to be in a relationship right now. There are so many things
that God is working on in me and I am not quite ready for a relationship (I think the same goes for him).

I love my friend (platonically) and I really want to remain his friend, but I don't know if I can. It seems like every time we get close and comfortable in our friendship he says that we are blurring the lines.  I think he gets scared and his emotions get involved (even though he says that they don't). And if we are blurring the lines of our friendship, he shouldn't place the blame on
me when he does the majority of the calling.

I must admit we are extremely close. Like I said we are best friends. What's up with him? Are his feeling getting involved? Can a man and a woman be this close without catching feelings? If so, what boundaries do we establish?

With all this said, I must tell you that he is a minister at the same small church that I attend. We are also partners in ministry. So what am I to do, what am I to say?