• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Confused

Started by Qurat-il-ain, March 29, 2006, 09:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Qurat-il-ain

Hi all,

I would like to here your views.I am experiencing a heartbreaking moment.My boyfriend of the past one year has issues regarding our spiritual incompatibility and has turned cold overnight.He sent me mail to express his concerns and says he is anxiously waiting to here from me.

I promised to reply after 7 days.I needed time to pray.
You see I prayed for this man to come into my life and we are in a long distance relationship.I love him deeply and he is all I would wish for in a man.I have asked for signs and God seems to be leading me back to him.

Am so scared to continue with the relationship as he is unpredictible at times.Sometimes I just cant trust God enough.Please pray for me to discern Gods will.

Vikki Johnson

Grace and Peace Sis:  First, God is not the author of confusion.  His promise to us is "peace that surpasses all understanding that guards our heart and mind."  I'm not sure what the "spiritual incompatibility" is, however, if you don't have peace then don't proceed.  God promised to not keep anything good from us if we walk uprightly before Him.  Unequally yoked relationships DO NOT WORK ~ no matter how we try to rationalize our feelings.  Based on your post, I think you discern God's will quite well ~ it's just not the response you hoped for.  His turning cold "overnight" (rejection)  is really God's protection of you (the apple of His eye).

Often, God will orchestrate our lives by dealing with the "other person" when His communication with us seems to be challenged.  Remember, communication is a two way process.  God speaks to us all the time.  The question is ~ "Do we listen and then respond accordingly?"

A BIG red flag for me was "am so scared to continue with this relationship as he is unpredictable at times".  It's not God's desire for any of us to live in fear ~ even if the fear is caused by someone we think we can't live without.  I encourage you to "wait on the Lord and be of good courage".  How do you do that?  When you are unsure of what to do, don't do anything.  God is in the middle ~ don't go around Him.  He's up to something wonderful for you.  Don't trust my words ~ trust His!
Elder Vikki Johnson
www.eldervikkijohnson.org

"Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble."
- Psalm 119:165

Qurat-il-ain

Thanks so much for your advice Vikki. :)Your words are just what I needed to hear.God has spoken to me through you.I am going to trust God.As of today I am so peaceful.May God Bless you!