• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

drowning

Started by sagesong, March 23, 2006, 09:44:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sagesong

I am drowning in despair.  I previously posted about my postpartum depression.  Today is not a good day. 
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Acknowledge him in all of your was and he shall direct your paths.

BeLove

Good Morning, Sagesong:

I haven't been in your situation. But I wanted to leave you with part of Psalm 138: 7-8, which states: "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; ..., and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.  Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever..."

Just know that the Lord is with you during this time and reach out to Him in your dispair.  He knows that you are going thru this trial, but as verse 8 says he will "perfect" everything in time.

God Bless you.  I'll be praying for you.

Be Love!

purity

Hi Sagesong,

I am very sorry you're going through a depression right now  :(. I too have experienced depression. Not postpartum as you have stated above but nevertheless depression and any form of depression is enough to break you down IF YOU ALLOW IT! (Key word(s): YOU ALLOW IT). Because I have experienced depression I know its a tough strong hold to break loose from, but the good news is you can break loose (w/ the help of God) and be free.

Your circumstances might not change or might not change right now but you can change!! (And through your changing you have the power to affect change around you).

But how can you break loose and be free you might ask when it seems like all chaos is breaking loose in your life? I cant tell you how many times I asked myself that questions since much like yourself I too felt like I was in despair and felt as if the world was caving in on me (so to speak). Giving up was my best option - so I thought! But now I know and understand that's the wrong option and its the option and the end result the enemy desired for me to take.

It wasn't until I made up my mind that although this hurts I will surely not allow it to break me down. It wasn't until I made up my mind that God is faithful and will not leave nor forsake me. That he has not abandoned me but was standing by my side through it all. (He really was)

I learned my struggle with depression was an appointment with death brought on by the enemy. And the more it took over my mind the more I could see my future and all the plans God had for me dwindling away. When I finally recognized it had to do with my destiny and what the enemy didn't want me to get a hold of through God (no matter how it was brought on - the depression) I recognized that I must be one powerful sister if he's trying to take me out like that!

Therefore I leave you with this...

(Matthew 11:28-30) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

(Isaiah 43:1-3) "But now, this is what the Lord says - he who created you O Jacob, he who formed you, 0 Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead."

(Isaiah 53:4) "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted."

(Jeremiah 29:11)"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

I encourage you to

- Get a support system (if you dont already have one).

- Considered counseling (if you haven't already considered it).

-  Submit & Surrender your ways to God (as hurtful as this season my be). He knows best.

- Get rid of the negative thoughts! The bible says to cast down every imagination that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ.

During this time, its imperative that you have someone you can talk and pray with and who can pray for you.

Expecting God's best for you!
~Purity

purity

Also let me add this....

Do not feel forced to get over what is going on in your life. While you should move on from it, if you can not control it you are also entitled to time to hurt. But DONT STAY THERE!

I dont want to come across like "Oh you can beat this" because while I know you can beat this I also know in doing so it takes every bit of strength you have. And I know its tough to do it. But what I do know also and what's most important that YOU KNOW is that YOU CAN OVERCOME this struggle!

Things might not be the same after you come out of it. But things can only get better going forward!

Still expecting God's VERY best for you!
~Purity

Novelist

After reading the post, I quickly wanted to share a part of myself in this venue regards to depression.  Depression is close to death.  You can consume all of your time in things you cannot change, going through issues whether it is family, personal, or business.  I have been in depression, I know what it feels like to be in a pity party all by myself.  In the midst of that, I was unhappy, insecure, moods would change, one day I am smiling and then one moment, I am crying.  Looking over my life, I was unsatisfied with everything around me.  I experienced pain at an early age after going through low self esteem issues, I wanted validation and approval from everyone.  It is not easy, however, God is the way, the truth, and the life.  This is not only for you and I, it is for ALL of us who are trying to survive in our lives.  You must, I must, and we must trust in God to be our compass through the paths of depression.  He knows your heart, he hears your cries in the midnight hour.  Only God knows every tear before it forms.  He loves you.  He wants to heal the brokenness that makes life seem impossible, yet he is the life that is driven through you.  As I speak, I am encouraging myself because I must adhere to the message I am passing to you.  I feel your hurt.  However, God can feel and heal your heart more than anything in this world.  We are sisters in Christ and I want to be healed too.  There is healing for us, there is deliverance for us.  Therefore, we must seek our FATHER who is greater than this Universe. 

I cannot swim.  I never received proper swim lessons that would help me to breathe under water or become a lifeguard to save someone who may be drowning.  Right now, I am thinking of a great ocean of situations, you are in the boat, you cry for help and no one comes to your rescue.  After sitting there in the midst of the water, you are afraid of sinking, so you call for help again, and no one appears.  Somehow you do not understand how did you get yourself in the middle of this massive water where there is no way out.  As you begin to quiet yourself, your tears slowly smear down your face, a prayer comes from your lips and you think of the Lifeguard who saved your life before.  Thereafter, you begin to sail again, the Lord answered your prayer, he was with you all the time.  He whispered in your ear, "Daughter, I was with you during your stand still and all I wanted you to do is rely on me to be your lifeguard, so that I can get you back to shore."  This is what God has given me to speak to all of us who are depressed, but to look unto him who is the author and finisher of our faith.  I hope I said something to encourage you because my eyes are misting from those words.  May God touch you in the sensitive places, that will bring healing to your soul.  Reach out and go in the deep, but do not go alone.

Novelist.

Gracious

Hello Sagesong My Eternal Sister In The Spirit!!! :-*

I believe that what you are experiencing is quite normal ... uncomfortable ... saddening ... painful ... yet normal.

Our GOD, and our "world" teaches us ... that when a woman (through GOD's Grace) grows life within her ... and then travails ... she suffers GRE-E-E-A-A-TLY!!! Amen?

Chemically her body flip-flops every WHICH-A-WAY!!! LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!  Many of us bounce-back (life as usual - minus the sleep)... most of us do not. We (them who've birthed another human-being) tend to compensate (ignore) the void we feel by:

Hurrying up & doin' it again (baby after baby...Hey - to some this is a blessing!!!)

Others eat & EAT & EAT...& AND EAT!!!

Some get serious & go to school / get another job(s)

Others do a bunch of other stuff ... (Like-Survive!!!)

... Then there are those of us Women who's Hormones are soooooo over-loaded that we can't mask this "THING" - these feelings and we don't know why ??? But we can't stop "IT" (them - feelings).

POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION!!!

If I where you, I would seek professional care... Your Pastor (if this is not a woman ... seek out his wife) ...and/or a "mother" in your church-home!!!

"Ask the Savior to help you"  ...  to lead you to a doctor of medicine - for your head, your heart, and your physical body.

Finally, I believe that the Holy Bible provides SUPERNATURAL WISDOM: :D[/color]

Romans 8:28
More Than Conquerors

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
   "For your sake we face death all day long;
      we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
[/color]

GOD is with you my sister ... and he is the same, yesterday, today and forever!!!

I love you,  :-*

Gracious

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&