• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

In The Storm

Started by Novelist, March 17, 2006, 12:56:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Novelist

One of my challenges today is getting over the past.  I know that it is HISTORy and that we should press toward the prize, however, that is difficult when guilt and shame is written all over you whether people notice or not.  I am not proud of my decisions and sometimes I cannot believe I made unwise choices.  For the wrong reasons, I chose to commit sexual sin and I am not over it completely.  I desire to be whole and healthy emotionally, spiritually, physically, and mentally.  As I reflect on my past encounters, it was a waste.  Compared to now, I am better than before, yet far from where I need to be.  Does anyone ever feel this way or how do you handle the fact that you cannot change the past, but somehow it continues to consume your thoughts?  Someone please write back soon.

Gerard Henry

The temptation is real and the devil undoubtedly wants us to live there.  The problem is not so much what you did, but the object of your affection.

Your current challenge is that you are so focused on self, that you can't connect with your Creator.  Either Jesus and the truths in his word are seated on the throne of your heart, or YOU are.

2 Cor. 10:5 gives the breakdown on how to operate against thoughts that try to exalt themselves above God. Find scriptures on God's love for you, forgiveness, plans for your future, etc And stand on that... Don't give in to emotions that suggest otherwise.  Just like losing weight, with a disciplined diet and exercise, it will happen.  You will breakthrough in the same manner.

Peace and Blessings,

Gerard Henry
www.Gerardhenry.com
Pick up a copy of my latest book "Voices of Inspiration," available wherever books are sold or visit www.gerardhenry.com