• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Talent management

Started by bishopbiscuits, December 11, 2005, 09:33:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What factors affect most the healthy expression of gifts and talents?

An ambitious approach to development?
0 (0%)
Opportunity to have it recognized?
0 (0%)
People to encourage them?
1 (50%)
Building up the person to handle well the demands of their talent?
1 (50%)
A sense of destiny combined with determination?
0 (0%)
Having a natural fulfilment in expressing a talent?
1 (50%)
Noticing and appreciating your own talent, to then develop?
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: March 11, 2006, 10:13:55 am

bishopbiscuits

ATTENTION PLEASE: :)

.........Due to the abundance of people of all levels and varieties of talent here in Deep Waters, I am asking "How do you manage your talents, especially any ones that people recognize and request of you?"
.........The story of your gift can be in almost any area, so please share it. I know that your testimony will bless myself and others.
..........Sometimes we need to have someone put into words what we have been "sensing" all along for it to finally make "tangible sense." In other words, you said what was on my heart, and now through your words I see my heart/mind better.
.........I wanted to get some feedback. Some advice , suggestions, or examples that may help me to better direct and focus my developing talents.
..........Share what you feel free to share. Here are some avenues to help focus the responses: (please identify the type of gift or gifts that you are sharing about)

1. What was it like when you first became aware of your ability?

2. What or who encouraged you in its development? (No specifics on the who are necessary)

3. How did you go about developing it?

4. Any challenges? funny stories?

5. How has operating in your gift/talent affected who you are as a person?

6. Has your gift been a further extension or representation of you as a person?

7. What challenges have you had when people began to make demand of your talent? Were fear or pride factors in your use of your gift?

8. What boundaries do you set?

9. How do you now invest in it to continue to grow?   

P.S. If you only visit Deep waters, and would like to share, please register and post. Your insights, thoughts, and opinions are most welcome!!
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1