• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Residue from the past

Started by abundant, May 07, 2004, 09:32:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

abundant

My question is : Why is it that the absolutely wrong men approach me.  I think, "I know this brother didn't just think he could come to me with this tired game."   ::) I'm single and know God has destined for me to marry.  I'm an anointed woman of God.  I would think my presence and how I carry myself would say something other than foolishness.  
Is it the residue from my past mates that these challenging brothers are seeing or just the devil trying to see if I will resist?

Forum Administrator

Even a brother with "tired game" can recognize a good woman when he sees one. So, you can't blame a brother for trying. ;) Who you attract is one thing; the more important concern is who you are attracted to.

If you find yourself (or have a history of) being attracted to the wrong men, then it's time for some self-examination. When we get involved in bad relationships, before we move on to new relationships we need to take the time to ask ourselves the tough questions about why we got involved with the wrong people to begin with, and then deal with the answers to those questions. This is key to success in future relationships.

If we don't deal with the reasons why we got into bad past relationships, we are more likely to repeat the same mistakes in the future. What is in us has a lot to do with the kind of people we choose to be with. Make every effort to make sure that you are whole and have dealt with the "residue" of your past relationships.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

Gerard Henry

AMEN... Great wisdom!  I just want to add 1 simple thought.  The focus in your life should be who you are BECOMING in God (deal with any residue) vs. who you are to be with.

A true man of God will be careful to look for a mate through the "eyes" of God.  As the Lord's daughter, He will present you as a pearl of great price to a specific man of God.  Because God is doing the presenting... and the man is "ideally" looking through the "eyes" of God, he will SEE you and relate to you as that PRECIOUS PEARL.

So stay in God's hands and allow Him to form you and ultimately present you to someone who will handle you with HIS care.

I hope that makes sense...

Gerard
Pick up a copy of my latest book "Voices of Inspiration," available wherever books are sold or visit www.gerardhenry.com

abundant

Both responses are appreciated!  I'm definitely a work in progress and continue to seek God in all that I do so I am what my ordained husband has prayed for.

Again Thank you!!