• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Drawing the line on my desires!

Started by bishopbiscuits, August 07, 2005, 08:29:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

......I am determined to keep a promise to myself. I am and will continue to be sexually pure in spirit, mind, and body!!

..... Old ties and past residues have lost their power as I operate in mine, through God.  Where compromise was likely to happen, I boldly call for God's help, and remove all excuses and sentimental attachments to that which is unclean.
........I had times when I thought I understood what it would take to fight the "tides" of these days. But I didn't know myself then, like I do now. I was not as aware of the theft, death, and destruction being planned for all my relationships by Satan. It shall not be so!!
........When I chose to make compromises in the past, it was normally for one of four reasons. I had allowed myself to be separated from my reinforcements in God. I let myself become secretly envious of worldly ways. I was angry about something or other, and used my hurt as an excuse to do whatever I would allow myself to do. Or I had simply not been guarding my heart, and over time what started as something I could "handle" in my strength alone, became like a Goliath!

.......Now where did I put those stones for my slingshot?
......Oh yeah.......:

How I approach the present:
1. Ecclesiastes 1:9 - The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. (See *)
2. Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon that is formed against thee  shall prosper  (see **)
3. Matthew 5:27-28 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you that whosoever looketh upon a woman to lust after her hath commited adultery with her already in his heart.  (see ***)
4. Romans 12:1 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. (See + )
5.Hebrews 10:23 - Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)  (See ++)

* .....What we face is a repackaging of what the enemy has been operating in since the fall of Adam. These are old tricks. God has a plan tailored for you,if you ask to receive it. And God's plans deliver you out of Satan's.
** ....The enemy's strategies, traps, lies, and wicked devices will not work; will not be able to accomplish their intended purpose: to steal, kill, and destroy your eternal self by keeping you separated from God. Sin separates us from God.
*** ...Manipulation of our thoughts and desires to bring us out of grace and into judgement is a regular tactic of the enemy. Everybody isn't "for me" in God's plan. Stop trying to "discover" in thought or action people I find attractive. If I am not now given to them in marriage, they are off limits to my desires in all forms. 
+ ......Sacrifice means giving up something valuable or important for somebody or something else considered to be of more value or importance. How much do I value God and His ways? How much value do I place on my ways -past or present? Will I yield mine for His?
++ Through God, we are empowered to stand for righteousness. I must continue to give Him the cares of my heart, trusting His wisdom and judgement. What He has for me, is good and worth the wait! 

Dealing with the past:
1. 1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
2.Mark 11:25 - And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.   
3. Isaiah 1:18 - Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Personal Resolution
1. I refuse to sacrifice God's plan for my life and fellowship with others, to entertain known deceptions.
2. I am not my own, but bought with a price. All good things will come to me through God. I will trust Him.
3.I will pursue anew intimate fellowship with Jesus Christ. My contentment will return to being in Him first.    

Actions:

1. I don't buy movies without being willing to return them to the store (as used) or destroy/discard them if the content begins to break down my integrity. (Money should not be the primary consideration after purchase). I can't even go by ratings, but by what is conveyed to me. Respect my own vulnerability and protect myself.  

2. I know and see better how Satan attacks me. I have a plan for dealing with his assaults now, and the conviction to see the plan through.

3. Potential setbacks can be minimized by a rapid response to God. I desire perfection, and am fighting for my purity more than ever. 
.....Any thoughts that are not my own are from my enemy, Satan.  I don't get guilt ridden over what randomly comes to my mind. Many ideas and thoughts may try to come to me, but I am only accountable for what I accept and embrace into my spirit, mind, and body.
....In the past, a longer series of events would take place between the beginning and end of a particular temptation. I am determined to check my focus, and quickly put it back towards Christ. Not allowing a slip to become a slide. And the words of my enemy -Satan- shall not be called agreeable or acceptable with respect to my desires anymore.     

I WILL NOT FORFEIT MY BLESSING TO GAMBLE WITH THE DEVIL!!   If it gets tough sometimes, hey, I can do all things through Christ! I must ride through the storms. (try not to add to them). As I make it through, I move into brighter days.  :):):):):)

;D Hope this is a blessing and a help.  He's preparing us all.   In brotherly love,  BB

Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

bishopbiscuits

......We must individually make use of the tools God gives us. Himself, His Son, His Word, His Spirit, His angels, the people He gives into our lives, and the blessings, gifts and talents all around us -in this time of grace- we must use.
......His Word is life to us. Here are some scriptures that can help :)

PART OF THE CONFLICT

James 4

1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? 2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. 4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. 5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? 6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be
turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

REPENTANCE AND FORGIVENESS
:) *** Read Psalms 51 *** :)

Ezekiel 18:30b Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Isaiah 1:18 - Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

2 Corinthians 7:9 - Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. 10 - For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Acts 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should
perish, but that all should come to repentance.   

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.   

Psalms34:4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. 6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. 7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. 8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

2Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Psalms 103
8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. 9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. 11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. 12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. 13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. 14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. 19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10:23  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

GOD CARES

Romans 8:27 - And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
       (refering to Christ as our high priest)

RESTORATION AND RENEWED FOCUS
:) *** Read Romans chapter 8 *** :)

Numbers 9:8 - And Moses said unto them, Stand still, and I will hear what the LORD will command concerning you. 
(part of the blessing of having leadership and holy fellowship in Christ)

Psalms 4:4 - Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

Psalms 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God

Exodus 14:13 - And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
     ( There is deliverance from oppression of the past.)

Philippians 3:13 - Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 10:23 - Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 

Romans 12:1 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

2 Corinthians 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10 Always bearing about in the body the dying
of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.   

Galatians 6:9 - And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.   

Phillipians3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ

John 16:21 - A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
  (Let what God is birthing in your life develop and come forth, in due season)

REMEMBER

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.   

Matthew 5:29 - And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
  (Not speaking of the physical, but of those things which seem so much a part of us and dear to us, but have been corrupted by sin)

Colossians 3:23 - And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 
   ( Let our focus be on honoring God, not seeking first the favor of people.)

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

1 John 5:4 - For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

bishopbiscuits