• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Let's Come Out of the Closet

Started by gilchristkristina, June 10, 2005, 03:46:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gilchristkristina

Hello Deepwaters!

Today marks the first time I have ever shared my story with the public. Lately God has been urging me to be transparent and as His daughter I must be obedient.

I was born into a family where everyone used drugs, was sexually abused or sexually abused one another. At the age of 7 I had my first experience with sexual molestation by my fourteen year old cousin. At 13 I was raped by a close friend. In a perfect world I would be telling you that that was my first sexual experience but, it wasn't. I never called the police because, when I was molested I told the adults in my house at the time and they didn't take any action. So at a young age I learned to accept abuse. I was exposed to drugs every day. At night I slept with a knife under my bed afraid that somone would come in my room. I dealt with this at home and went to school everyday and managed to excel in all my classes. My father raised me the best he knew how, yet I always yearned for my mother. I couldn't understand why she didn' t want me. I became very promiscuous, got pregnant at 14, miscarried and was abused daily by my boyfriend at the time because, he thought it was my fault. Eventually, all the abuse that I had experienced from men and the desire that I had for a mother led me to homosexuality. Being gay IS a choice but, once you open that door, your life as you know it spins out of control. Satan was changing my identity. I no longer had an attraction towards men, I became disrespectful towards women, I even got tattoos and peircings. All the while God was working in my life. My mother got clean, praise God! and I went to live with her my senior year of high school. Unfortunately, I was almost grown by then and still harbored anger towards her for abandoning me. She didn't understand me and the female that I was dating at the time, along with all that bottled up pain led me to depression and an attempt at suicide. I found myself getting my stomach pumped and being forced into a mental institute. I stayed for almost a year but, manipulated my father into taking me out against the doctors recommendation. For about another year, I just lived life for satan. That following year the most traumatic experience of my life occured...my father died! I have never felt pain of that magnitude in my whole life. The young lady that I was dating at the time helped me through that experience and we became closer than I'd ever been with anyone I'd dated. Until one day, God showed up! He first started coming to me in my dreams. I started to dream about my father being in Heaven. Then I started to dream that I wasn't going to Heaven. And finally I started to hear God saying, "Now, Now, right Now!" I started to feel as though I was running out of time. Like God was going to leave me. Anyway, I told my girlfriend what I was experiencing. And of course, when you're living in sin you lie to yourself all the time. You say things like, "God loves me no matter what I do" or "God knows my heart". Mind you, she and I were going to church together and everything. She was raised in church. A woman at our church hosted the gay parties we went to. So we felt like God was pleased with us. I'd heard a few people say that homosexuality was wrong but, no one could show me where it said it in the Bible. And I challenged every one of them. Anyway, she was hurt and satan played on my guilt. Guilt kept me there for a couple of weeks but, the pull of God was too strong. And suddenly our apartment began to flood. They would fix it and it would flood. They had no idea why it kept flooding but, I did. It was God. We could have easily gotten a new apartment but, I knew this would be my only chance. I moved back home with my mother and began to saturate myself with God's word. The more I got to know Him the more I discovered my true self. The closer I got to Him the further away I got from that life. I changed my friends, my activities, my whole way of life. And I'm not saying it's easy but, His word says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". It was a process. Being gay is a sickness it's not sick.  I needed healing and God did it. I know that it was His grace that saved me. Now I am happily married and have a beautiful son. Anyone out there who struggles with this TRUST me there is a place for you. There is hope for you. And a man is not the alternative to lesbianism...Jesus is! He died so that we could live. So I challenge you today to ask Him for forgiveness, forgive yourself and get to know who you are and why you have chosen that life. It is a choice, no one is born that way. Sisters and brothers in Christ, we need to embrace homosexuals and love that spirit off of them. Satan you are a liar! I am willing to do whatever it takes to help anyone who needs it. This epidemic is sweeping our nation and it's on your job, at your kid's schools, even in your homes. So let's stop acting as if we don't see it. We are His children! Let's go in the closet and pull His children out with love and compassion. Thank you for listening.

Novelist

Surely your testimony has touched me.  The testimonies of our lives can change others and draw them toward God.  I admire your courage to share your story because only God could do the impossible.  He has brought you from a life of abuse, a life of homosexuality, that is truly God's work.  All of the time, God had his hands upon your life.  I appreciate your words of encouragement to everyone, even if others have not experienced homosexuality, there were other avenues in this life where struggles seem endless and impossible to overcome.  I would say that you are an overcomer because the word says that we are more than conquerors.  In my life, I had drug abusers in my family, there were family outbursts, theft, and I had lack of sleep and confidence.  Linking to your post has led me to Praise God even more because the storms of life do not rage for idleness.  It produces strength in weakness, patience in panic situations, and growth instead of undevelopment.  God is still God all alone.  We could not think of ways to meet his expectations because he is so awesome.  The fact that he was there for you in the midst of your mess, proves his love for you all of this time.  God bless you and your family, and congratulations on your marriage.  Continue to pray and reach out to others.  You are a beautiful story, but your picture says more than you can imagine.  Blessings.

Novelist.

Gracious

Sista' Novelist...your words have touched my heart...and I thank GOD for you :-*

Precious DAUGHTER of the MOST HIGH... I agree with Novelist...Awesome testimony...just AWSOME!!!

Truly EVERYTHING that GOD has allowed in your precious life...has brought you to a place in HIM...that holds the promise of steadfastness & immovability!!! Thank you Father...for granting DELIVERANCE!!!

In ALL things...YES...in ALL things...we MUST...give thanks!!!

Because our bible teaches us that GOD...MUST honor HIS WORD!!! AMEN? ...The Holy Spirit has unctioned me to pray for you...by beginning with...

Romans 8: 1-15.

Let us look to ABBA-FATHER...

Oh Gracious, Omnipotent, EXCELLENT, SOVEREIGN FATHER...which art in heaven...WE adore YOU; that no thing shall EVER come before Your Greatness!!!
Romans 8:1-15 (New International Version)

Life Through the Spirit
    1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

12Therefore, brethren, we have an obligation--but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."
[/color]

ABBA-FATHER...We come to you in the mighty name of Jesus and we ask that you touch your child...in the name of JESUS...with your love and forgiveness. Lord, wash away all uncleanness and guilt. Thank you Father... for continuing to free her from the powers of darkness.

As for you satan and your demons...we command you and them to STAY AWAY from our sister...and her family...in the name of Jesus! satan, this "daughter of the MOST HIGH" is no longer under your power. The blood of Jesus has set her free! We intercede on her behalf...to  resist you... and you must flee! This "daughter of the MOST HIGH" belongs to God and you have no more authority over her!    Be gone!

Dear Lord, thank you that you have set this "daughter of the MOST HIGH"  free and we are believing that you will continue to lead her to the right people that will help her to walk in her  deliverance. Father, we beseech you... continue to BREAK EVERY CHAIN of INIQUITY over her life and cancel every evil word that has been spoken against / over her and her family. We declare that she shall continue to walk in Your victory and that you will enable her to do it. Lord, fill her with Your Holy Spirit and guide her in the ways of YOU!

We speak blessings...continued success to her. Most of all, we pray that she will continue to feel your love for her...ALL OF HER DAYS. In the precious matchless name of our LORD and SAVOIR...JESUS THE CHRIST...

...Let ALL who know the worth of prayer...join in as we release this love offering to our KING...that it shall cover our Sister... through eternity!!!

Amen...Amen... AND...AMEN!!!
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

Breathedonme

Sister G,

POWERFUL!!

God is truly faithful.  Your testimony needs to get out to many.

I met a young sister a few years ago who was in a homosexual relationship, but she loved God.

A co-worker of hers, was a bible-thumping, critical sister who told her that God hated homosexuals, etc.  Well, this woman saw me getting on the bus and with tears wanted to know if it was true. 

She wanted scriptures referencing how wrong homosexuality is.  Well, hummmmmmfff, I went home and pulled out my bibles and concordance and stuff -- the big guns (LOL).  However, as I was praying and writing, and when I got most of my scripture down pat (or so I thought), God spoke to my heart and said, "Don't give her that, show her my love."  POWERFUL.

Well, long story short, to this day -- this woman is sold out for Jesus Christ.  She is no longer a crack addict, lesbian or living a life deep in sin.  TO GOD BE THE GLORY.  She deals with much affliction and challenges to her health, but she praises God through it all.

I learned a marvelous lesson -- now readying your testimony convinces me more.  GOD IS SO FAITHFUL.

Please keep us updated on your growth in the Lord!

Bless you!

Xanadu012

Awesome testimony!  Thank you so much for having the courage to share.  Reading your posting continues to show me the transforming power of God's Word and how we as Christians must daily read the Bible.  What an awesome new life you have in Christ.  I have friends who are in the homosexual lifestyle and I have continued to be their friends.  Sadly, because I am single, people make the assumption that I am this way too.  I pray that the Lord continue to give me the strength to continually embrace them and show them the Love of Christ. 

GODSCHILD

What an awesome testimony!! Praise God for being a Healer, Deliverer, Sustainer, and Heart-Fixer. ;D

God is just Good Like that--He's better than campbell soup---He's more that MMM, MMmm, Good!!-- ;D ;D ;D

To God be the Glory for delivering you out of so many trial and tribulations.  You know most of the time we are in the midst of some horrendous situations and at the time we may not know why!! The most beautiful thing about it is that God knows our Ending!!! The different avenues, bypasses, highways, and detours may be a little bumpy and uncomfortable, but Thank God for Jesus, our Destination by way of the Holy Ghost --We will Get there!! It may take more time than others but We Will Make It!!
Praise God for you and keep on telling the goodness of the Lord that God has brought about in your Life.  See if you had not had gone through that you wouldn't be as blessed as you are right now today (married with a wonderful family). God knows all things and He will not leave us nor forsake us!!!

Be Encouraged gilchristkristina !! For God has many more great things in store for you and your family!

Godschild  ;D