• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Where do I begin?

Started by sweet, June 07, 2005, 06:10:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sweet

Well, I have a lot to ask advice about.  Lately I feel like I have been really struggling, more inwardly.  I am 24, and I feel like I am at a crossroad.  I am trying to learn more about me, and who I am, the things I like, and trying to speak out more ( I am naturally laid back and reserved-some say I am quiet).  There are a lot of things I have been seeking God about.  A full-time job, a car, what my ministry is, and a mate(husband).  On top of those things, I am dealing with a past sin.  I repented, turned from doing those things, and am being restored.  Yet, I am still struggling in that area.  I know God forgave me, and I have to forgive myself, but now it sometimes feels even harder.  I know that any intimacy between a man and a woman is for marriage only-Why is it so hard for me, and why do I feel like I am struggling to maintain?  I know God has something for me to do, I am just not certain of what it is?Where do I begin?

David Dupree

Hi Sweet and welcome to deepwaters!

Where do you begin?  You begin right where you are and you continue to take one day at the time. 

You sound like a young lady who has committed her life to the Lord and means to do right, seriously!  That is a good thing.  I have come to know that those who mean right for God soon go through a refining.  Recall the story of the potter and the clay?  Well that is where you are.  Selah!
Allow God to mold and make you.  He doeth all things well.

Concerning past sin; the key is past.  I will be the first to admit that one of the hardest things to do is not only to forgive oneself for past failures, but also to accept the FACT that the person is not guilty anymore.  And neither are you.  Do not allow the enemy to punish you with feelings of guilt when God has declared you not guilty through your repentance and the shed blood of His son, Jesus.  Do not allow the spirit of inadequacy to permeate your being.  You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.  Your steps are ordered by God. 

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

pressingon

I just wanted to send you some encouragement.  Alot of times the enemy tries to make us feel that we're alone in the struggle of overcoming our past.  Remember as the Lord told Paul, His grace is sufficient for you in that area of your life.  We all have something that we have to beat our flesh under subjection for daily.  You are not alone. ;)
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 3:14

Novelist

Where to begin?  Which way do you turn?  Who can you run to in the midst of your battles?  God.  He is the author and finisher of your life.  Not only is it where, but how do you begin?  What is the best way to receive your deliverance?  It is through your praise.  Truthfully, this is ministering to me right now because I am in the waiting room along with you.  The process begins with honesty and truth to yourself and God.  After reading your post was a reflection of my own life in some ways.  I feel your sensitivity through your words.  I am 25 years old and seeking God in those same areas as you are.  You are not alone in this at all.  I have been there and sometimes I feel like I am in the same place, feeling devastated, broken-hearted, and condemned.  Forgiveness is hard to do sometimes, yet God has forgiven every sin that we had committed.  He is faithful and just to forgive you.  It is tough, but do not yield.  Keep on living, keep on seeking God for those things you have prayed to him.  In James 1:4 it says, "Perserverance must finish its works so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 

In life, there are questions asked, yet unanswered.  Why? Only God knows the answer and he will not reveal anything until his work is complete.  As tough as life is, the battles are endless and the cares become careless and cold in our surroundings.  I am there with you.  Know that when you cry, I cry, when you are broken, I am broken, when you are dejected, I am dejected.  Why?  I am your sister and I feel your pain.  Regarding your job, car, and other requests, I know about it too because I am there.  I have a car, but it is old and I cannot afford to fix it right now.  I am currently looking for another job because the other jobs I had did not amount to my expenses.  There is a galore of things that has to be done and it is hard for me.  Just know that all things are working together for our good because in our hearts, we love the lord.  He will sustain us.  We must praise.  No matter what, we must encourage each other and kneel down together.  Let's go to our father and he will see about us.  Keep your eyes toward the heavens and when you look, he is staring at you in the face, even in your storms. 

I have no idea what God is going to do in your life, but everything is happening for a reason and you don't have a clue what God is doing behind the scenes for you.  Pray and Praise him for your needs.  For he shall supply all your need according to his riches and glory.  I do not want to extend any longer, but I had to share this with you. 

In my prayers.

Novelist.