• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Cousin Crisis

Started by christnchild2005, June 02, 2005, 11:56:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

christnchild2005

My cousin recently told me he is a homosexual and I tried to discuss with him how he came to this conclusion since GOD did not make anyone this way and frowns upon sexual immorality. He is not saved, but I am and I am struggling to try and offer him some advice on the subject, but he believes this is who "he is," and has been in relationships with men already and is only twenty. I would like to help him because regardless of the fact that he is not walking with Christ, he is still a child of God, who is the devil is using and mistreating. Can you offer some advice as to how I should approach this situation?

David Dupree

The best advice you can give for someone unsaved is to get saved. 

In other words, don't focus on what your cousin is doing in his lifestyle, but focus on sharing this better way of life that you have accepted and adopted.  Or as they say in the vernacular, "Preach Jesus and Him crucified." 

That is probably the best thing that you can do.  Also continue to just live the life in front of him.  Your best advice will not be verbal, but will be the change that he sees in your life and the positive effects and affect being saved is having on you. 

Jesus said "if I be lifted up, I'll draw all men unto me." John 12:32.

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"

Freed

Amen!  Another thing is for this person to see the love of God in your life and your example.

Also, possibly you were placed in this person's life (outside of being related) to labor before the Lord on his behalf.  Remember, we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in high places.

Fight this battle spiritually in the name of Jesus.  See your cousin through the eyes of Christ and don't be moved by his actions.

Bless you.