• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

How to use Special effects, BBCtags

Started by bishopbiscuits, April 24, 2005, 12:19:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

......I think that it would be great to have an official reference on Deep Waters to show how to use the special effects when posting or sending a private message. You know, what they are, what the defaults are, and how to tailor them.
........ Just like I did for a while, we wonder how others create effects that we don't know how to do. I have yet to use them all. Some of them confuse me.
..........Thanks,  :)     BB
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Forum Administrator

No problem.

Here are detailed listings of the Bulletin Board Codes (BBC) tags that you can use in your posts:
Bulletin Board Codes (BBC)

Here is a detailed listing of the Smiley codes:
Smileys

For the most part, to use either of these categories, you can type your text and then go back and highlight the text you want to apply an effect to and then click the appropriate BBC tag which will enclose the text in tags. For example, to apply a bold effect to the word 'example,' I highlighted the word example and then clicked the "B" BBC tag. That encloses the word 'example' within the (which means start bold effect) and (which means end bold effect) so that it looks like this example.

Try out a few and click preview to see if you've gotten the hang of it;D

Please let me know if you need additional information or if you have questions about a specific BBC tag/effect.

P.S. You will only see the BBC tags and smileys when you are creating/editing a post. They are not displayed with you are reading posts.
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

bishopbiscuits

Howdy, DW

............I figured that I would share some ideas and tips for using some of my favorite effects. Hope you like them :) :) :)

1. Bold, italics and underline are easy favorites because I can easily "see" how I want to use them.

For example: I really want to go to the amusement park!

If I want to enhance an individual word like "really" by making it bold, I highlight the word "really" with my mouse, then click the B   (bold) tab .  I will show the sentence, the sentence with parentheses in place of the brackets the tags use, then the finshed sentence.

I really want to go to the amusement park!

I (b)really(/b) want to go to the amusement park!

I really want to go to the amusement park!

2. Colors

Colors are a good way to add visually to what you want to express.
The colors in the list are

BLACK RED YELLOW PINK ORANGE MAROON BLUE TEAL BEIGE NAVY LIME GREEN  GREEN BROWN

3. Marquee (moving letters)

If you want to add some motion, move it to the left!!

If you want to add some motion, (move)move it to the left!!(/move)

(move)If you want to add some motion, move it to the left!!(/move)

........You can overlap effects too. I'll show you what it looks like in various stages.

Alright, let's go to the amusement park!

Alright, let's go to the amusement park![/u]

Alright, let's go to the amusement park![/u]

You may have noticed that I highlighted the brackets of the preselected effects when overlapping effects. It may look long on the screen, but when the effects are activated, the formatting returns to normal, with respect to the effects that you use. 
.........The color list looks longer before I send it: Note that black is automatic
Also,  I replaced the brackets of the tags with parentheses again, so you can see what it looked like.

(b)BLACK (color=Red)RED(/color) (color=Yellow)YELLOW(/color) (color=Pink)PINK(/color) (color=Orange)ORANGE (/color) (color=Maroon)MAROON(/color) (color=Blue)BLUE(/color) (color=Teal)TEAL(/color) (color=Beige)BEIGE (/color) (color=Navy)NAVY(/color) (color=LimeGreen)LIME GREEN  (/color) (color=Green)GREEN(/color) (color=Brown)BROWN(/color)(/b)

P.S. .......Use the preview feature to see what your message looks like before sending it. You may want to alter your effects before sending.

:) :) :) (size=30pt)(u)(i)(b)(color=Beige)Have(/color) (color=Yellow)fun!!  (/color) (/b)(/i)(/u)(/size) :) :) :)

:) :) :) Have fun!!  :) :) :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Shulamitegrl

I would like to know how to upload one of those cute avatars or pictures under my name when i post. where do you get them from? i went to edit my profile and tried there but I don't think i was successful. let me know somebody?  :)
"I want you to promise, O young women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right." Songs of Solomon 8:4

bishopbiscuits

Shulamitegrl,

Profile Info
Summary
Show Stats
Show Posts

Modify Profile
Account Related Settings
Forum Profile Information****  Click this!!
Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email
Personal Message Options

After you click the Forum Profile Information link, You will come to a page that says  "Edit Profile."

At the top of the page is the picture area. If you want to use one of the readily available pics ,  click the button next to  Personalized Picture:

.........The list of pictures is to your right, and to see them one by one, just click them one by one, give it a second and voila! the picture shows up.
........Once you choose a picture, on a lower line you can add some personal text if you like to go under your picture.
........Once you are finished, go to the bottom of the screen and click the "Change Profile" button. You should be good to go!

........I tried it again today, since I have had the same one for about a year. I changed from the explorer pic to bubbles. You should see bubbles under my username now. I'll keep it for a week, then go back to my explorer.