• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

A Hug From God

Started by Shorty, April 19, 2005, 01:13:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shorty

Hi Deepwaters:

I posted It  Had to Happen, a few weeks ago.  Well, while my husband and I were separated I  kept a journal regarding what I was going through.  Reading back over my journal - I found this and wanted to share with you.

A HUG FROM GOD

January 7, 2005

Last night I was watching this movie - Under the Tuscan Sun.  It's about the changes this woman goes through after her divorce.  She buys this big villa in Italy and later wonders why she bought a house that's contrary to her life.  She wants a wedding,  a family and someone to cook for.  Well, as in movies - she gets all of this and finds love again.  At the end of the movie I get teary eyed and think that's what I want - I want to be happy.  Not that I want to go through a divorce - but I want to be happy.  Then I say to myself I'm not gonna cry - I haven't cried in over a week.

So I turn off all the lights and go to bed - lying with my back to the door.  I'm in that state of sleep where you are just drifting off - semi-conscious.  I  actually feel someone come in my room and I'm thinking I must have been crying out loud.  As I think about it now - I think I faintly heard my name.   I feel someone get on my bed and I thinking it's my son or my sister.  Then, I feel them lay right behind me (close - I could feel them on my back) and put their arm around me.  I opened my eyes - I didn't see anyone and I couldn't move for a minute.

When I could move - I sat up looked around - still didn't see anyone.  I turned the lights on and thought  I just got a hug from God.  I must admit it was scary at first - but  as I thought about it  - WOW - what an experience.  It was awesome.  How can you not love HIM.  HE is wonderful.

Shorty
Shorty