• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Where Do You Turn

Started by drowninginthedeep, March 29, 2005, 03:39:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

drowninginthedeep

My Question is where do you turn when you dont feel that you can talk to anyone except God?  My situation is very complicated and I thought that talking to my Pastor was the answer but I am beganing to believe I need someone to talk with that is not going to judge me or tell anyone else. He give great advice but has a problem with sharing any given information.  I am in the middle of some very sticky relationships not all that are pleasing to God.  I am afraid to really tell anyone because I am a Evangelist and I do not want it to get around.  Not only that I do not want to let the people down that look up to me.  But I am drowning and not sure how to get back afloat.  People seem to think that I should have all the answers and I dont.  I just want to talk to someone and be open.

Forum Administrator

Hello drowninginthedeep. You are free to share in the Deep Waters public forum which would allow several people to provide you with counsel. Or if you prefer, you can also communicate with me privately by sending me a private message (click on "Forum Administrator" and then choose the option to send a private message). There are quite a few people who choose to communicate with me privately.

Whatever it is you're dealing with, you do not need to bear this burden alone. I appreciate your reaching out and I encourage you to not allow people's perception of you to hinder you from getting the support and encouragement that you need. All of us need help some time or another. Allow us to help you to "get back afloat." If you're open to truth, godly counsel, and the support of people who really care about what you're going through, you've come to the right place.  :)
Post your replies to this topic or start a new topic.

Aleathea Dupree
Deep Waters Interactive Forum Administrator

Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Proverbs 11:14

bishopbiscuits

Hello,  drowninginthedeep.  :) 

...........I just wanted to add to what the administrator shared. As a member I have been blessed by both use of the open forum and communicating directly with others, including the forum administrator.
...........We all have areas to grow in. Despite how we as people sometimes glamorize or idealize other people, we are all a work in progress. If we don't get caught up in image, we can have areas of need ministered to, instead of neglected.
.........This forum is a place where you can share as honestly as you like, because it is a support and reinforcement tool. whether you choose to communicate just with the forum administrator or in the open forum, I know that you will be blessed.
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Theresa McFaddin

...somewhere along the way, the Enemy has convinced us (ministers, evangelists, pastors, clergy, etc.) that we cannot get help from anywhere!  He wants you to feel trapped and drowning in your current circumstance, but you don't have to.  Many of us have festered and died in situations that could have easily been resolved with proper counsel.  But many of us have lived through horrible situations, because we found wise and safe counsel. 

Sometimes, we cannot go to a familiar face.  It can be somewhat hurtful to us in the long run due to the failure of friends and others to "tell all" through gossip.  Nevertheless, God always gives a way of escape!  Perhaps this forum will be your place of safety and escape.  No matter where you go, it is critical to your ministry and endurance to go somewhere.  We are not created to hold things in.  Trust me!  I've been there ... done that!  The best form of deliverance is to go somewhere and get help; otherwise, it will definitely isolate and destroy you.  No matter what is going on, you are a child of God and His goal is not to destroy you, but to help you. 

May the Lord grant you this wisdom to find and know a safe place.  We are here with arms open wide.  And as the administrator said, you can always email one of us or all of us directly.

Blessings and grace to you sis!

Theresa McFaddin
www.harvestwords.com

David Dupree

Hello Drowninginthedeep,

I trust this note finds you well.  You posted about where to go for help and this forum was offered to you.  I don't know if you are communicating privately or not. I hope that you are since you haven't posted again.  Also I pray that you have found an outlet to talk to. 

I encourage you to find that outlet if you haven't.  But in your finding let God lead you to it.  Although God is always there to talk to, He put people here with the ability to communicate so that we would have someone like us to talk to.  No man/woman is an island.  We all need that outlet.  But by all means, be careful and assured that there is someone that you can trust.

On the other hand, it is better to take a risk than to explode.  Like the lepers outside the city, shall you sit and die or stand up and live?

My prayer is that your issue does not overtake you or has not overtaken you. 

In any case, you shall not surely die, but you shall live and declare the works of the Lord.  I decree it in Jesus' name!

dd
I've known waters, ancient dusky waters; my soul has grown deep like the waters.  adapted from Langston Hughes poem, "I've Known Rivers"