• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Sweet Dreams

Started by bishopbiscuits, January 22, 2005, 06:42:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopbiscuits

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Pr 4:23      Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

:).........I was reflecting. Something that we face sometimes are dreams of a sexual nature. We have enough to deal with from outside influences and our waking desires. The last thing that we need is another side to defend! ;)
.........When it's time to sleep, call for a changing of the guard. Your  "while you are awake" shift has ended, and you need someone to take the night shift.

Mt 11:28      Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mt 11:29      Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your soul.
......Our Heavenly Father never sleeps nor slumbers, being eveready to hear from us. And when we pray in  unwavering faith, our minds and bodies respond to our faith statements.
..........When it's time to sleep, take a moment and go into the holy presence of God. Purposely present Him with what is on your heart and mind in this area. Any battles of the day, share with Him.
:)..........It may be even five minutes. You use those five minutes to separate yourself from influences that have selfishness and uncleanness in them. Acknowledging the holiness of God is an awesome tool for our
understanding. As hiding places of Satan's influence are exposed/given over to God's presence, you are locking your "backdoors."   ;)
.........Have I done this? Yes!! So instead of just going through the motions of bedtime prayer, see it as an opportunity for cover in our sleep during this time of spiritual warfare.

....  :o :o   P.S. Don't Set Boobytraps for Yourself.  :o :o
:) 1.Remove material form your home that tempts you.
:) 2.If you live with others who have material that may tempt you, plan for it. You may have to "talk to the hand" and change its direction; seek out what works for you as a reminder of the purity you pursue. Song, scripture, etc.....
:) 3.Use your technology well. For instance, the sleep function on television remote controls will turn it off at a time you determine. You can set this quickly to give you up to two hours before it turns the television off. This way, you can possibly avoid some commercials or shows that come after what you planned to watch from interfering with your rest, or influencing your dreams. Or from keeping you awake when you should be resting!
:) 4.Your body and your desire for physical intimacy are not your enemies. Sometimes other things feed into them, though. Check out Pure Springs: Maintaining Sexual Integrity.
.........................................BB
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

bishopbiscuits

.  :)  What are some things that YOU have done or do to protect/pursue purity in this area? Did a specific event inspire you, or did you come to a conclusion over time? if you have a story to tell of how you encourage yourself, or have been encouraged, post it. :) :) :)
Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.  Hebrews 12:1

Xanadu012

One of the things I've done before going to bed is actually kneeling beside my bed and asking the Lord to help me with the desires that I'm struggling with.  This actually embarrassed me at first because I was used to not talking about it.  Not even to the Lord.  But "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."  I Peter 5:7 came to mind and I knew there was no reason to feel this way.  Within moments the Lord always helps me and I'm able to sleep without having to repent in the morning ;)  I hope this is an encouragement to someone.

Novelist

I must admit, sexual desires are strong.  I have a tendency to daydream and think deep romantic thoughts.  My mindset is not on course all the time because I want it, my flesh is yearning for a touch and it becomes seductive.  Imagination is a wonder.  My thoughts seem to go beyond me and it feels pleasurable.  I know that it is wrong and I want to think pure thoughts, however, when waiting and anticipating, it could cause me to nearly explode and this could get me in trouble.  I am praying for these things to leave my mind so that my behavior would not portray its gestures.  Pray for me, I am weak and I know that God is strong.  He is stronger and powerful than anything in this world.  Simply, it is my flesh wanting and my spirit has to regain.

Shulamitegrl

I read/re-read Every womans Battle and found a lot of confirmation for techniques I already use to combat sexual temptations...

bottomline, sex and the temptation begins in the mind therefore I do not listen to nor watch anything that might provoke lustful thoughts...

Your actions follow your THoughtS.

I know that basically means no TV or radio. It's not that hard really. If I'm at someone else's home i just excuse myself from the room or busy myself in the kitchen being helpful if there is content in a movie or music that i shouldn't partake in. Most of the folks that know me know what's going on if they find me cleaning their house suddenly... LOL

I only listen to Christian music, and watch very little tv if any.  i'm very selective of movies and if there is a risky scene i close my eyes or step out of the theatre during that part ( you can tell when those scenes are about to happen).

It takes a lil work but it's totally worth it.   :)
"I want you to promise, O young women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right." Songs of Solomon 8:4

Shulamitegrl

oh yeah...and i also work out regularly which helps with a lot of the tention that can build up and i have memorized scriptures that i literallly FORCE to my  mind when an impure thought comes...i'm at the point now that I cast down immediately the lustful thought and I tell my flesh to submit to the Spirit of God within me and start praying, humming a worship song, etc to replace the thought.

Again, it's a constant fight, but the LESS i meditate on that desire to be held, touched, kissed, etc and the MORE i focus on my destiny in Christ and making plans to pursue this, spending time in prayer, the stronger I am in spirit and my flesh is weaker.
"I want you to promise, O young women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right." Songs of Solomon 8:4