• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Beyond Stuck to Making Progress?

Started by 1EagleSky, June 18, 2009, 02:50:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1EagleSky

Pray for me, Deep Waters staff and friends!

I am tired. My parents pretend they don't mind me being here, but they don't want me here. When they think I'm out of earshot, they some of the most unimaginably mean spirited things. My youngest sister was encouraged by them to come down here the same time I did, because she'd recently lost her job and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, so she and my nephew came along. The ONLY reason I came to stay with them(out of state) was because it was almost time for school to start, and the teacher's union hadn't signed a contract, and were on the verge of striking. My oldest sister, who I was living with, was getting ready to move and said she didn't want anyone moving in with her. I didn't have enough money to move anywhere or a 2nd job, so I went to live with my parents out of state, thinking I'd be able to easily find a teaching job or some other job and progress with my life.

I have been here nearly two years, haven't found a job, and don't have transportation to get to places that possibly have openings. I have a small amount in my teacher's pension (under $500), and I am debating whether I should get it out or not. Going back to the city I left to live is a problem too: while for a fee I can renew my expired sub certificate and resume subbing in the fall, I also would need a full time job, so that I can find my own place to stay and pay bills. I didn't think things would go as they have in the nearly two years that I've been here. I feel I haven't made progress towards anything. Even when was working in my former city,  I just wasn't making enough.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!