• Welcome to Deep Waters Relationship Advice. Please login or sign up.

Successful Single Life

Started by GuidingLight, February 01, 2009, 01:22:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuidingLight

How do you live a successful Christian single life? I decided that this will be my year of change. I have a desire to live a life that God will be pleased with. What do you do when temptation come up on you? Sexual? Going place Christian should no be? Not responding in a Christian manner to different situations etc...

Gracious

GuidingLight,  :-*

For me, the beautiful thing about living life as a Christian ... is the very thing that I often forget :-[  ... You see, I forget that  "I" don't have to worry ... NO WORRIES!!!  If I spent all my time worrying 'bout this temptation & the otha' one ... chile' - all my days would be consumed with doubt & fear!  No WORRIES means that I/we are to want for nothing ... Amen?  Let GOD control!  Who's stronger ... the GOD who created you ... or the devil who is bent on destroying you?  Isn't HE / GOD, the GREATER in you???  Of course HE is!!!  Then why are you suffering with the temptation of the ahhh "party" ... when your delight "IS" in the law of the LORD??? (Psalms 1)

Seeking to live as a success, in a place that GOD has not called you to ... will leave you fruitless - confused & with NO joy ... Amen?  If you do NOT have a sense of peace in being unmarried ... it is because your eye (your spiritual eye) maybe out of focus.  TRUST HIM ... I mean REALLY dare to TRUST JESUS &  HE'll exchange the weights that you carry, for an overcoming testimony!

When I was unmarried, I too asked the very same questions of GOD & what HE shared within my spirit - literally blew me away (that is ...when I was ready & able to honestly hear HIM :o ).  HE spoke:  "I AM YOUR GOD - YOUR GOD - YOUR GOD!!! THERE IS NONE BEFORE ME, BESIDE ME & THERE IS NONE AFTER ME!!!  IT IS "I" WHOM YOU MUST SEEK AFTER ... NOT YOUR OWN "SELFISH" WILL!!!  ASK ME HOW TO LIVE A CHRISTIAN LIFE & "I" ALONE ... WILL SHOW YOU!!

Luv' ya'

Gracious

:-*

"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

1EagleSky

My advice to you is well worn, tried and true: Read your Word. Let it get into you. Spend time talking and praying with God. Don't be too afraid to share what's on your mind. Once the love of God gets attached to your mind and heart, you will never be too afraid or embarrassed to share with God what's on your mind. What I mean by that is, once you begin to become more familiar with who God is and what His character is like, you will be more trusting of Him and less hesitant to seek His will.

You have to live your life for God and no one else. At some point, this is going to cause friction with others. When this happens, you can react two ways: 1. You can go with the crowd and be accepted   2. You can go God's way and suffer criticism, etc. because you chose God's way instead of the world's way.

As an example, let me share something that happened to me years ago. My siblings and some friends were going out to see a movie. Now just a few weeks before, I'd made a commitment to not watch any TV series or films that had strong sexual content in it, as a way of keeping my mind pure. When my siblings and friends asked why I didn't want to go to the movies with them, I was too embarrassed to say the real reason, but just said that I didn't feel like going. My oldest sister flew into a rage, saying that I didn't want to go with them, because I thought I was better than them. WHAT?!! That wasn't it at all, but I can only imagine what she and my other siblings and friends would have said if I'd revealed the real reason why I didn't want to see the movie.

Following God's way is the only way you will live a successful Christian life. There are no shortcuts, and compromising will hurt you more than help. Hope this helps! God bless you!

Gracious

AMEN!!!

What a blessing 1EagleSky  ...  Sure needed that message!!!

...Thank ya'  Holy Ghost!!!

:-*
"...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified..."            Isaiah 61:3&

GuidingLight

Thanks for the replies. Both of them really blessed me.

Novelist

The single life is boring to me. Yes, there's a time for family, friends and even yourself, but after that, what else are you suppose to do? I don't mean to be pessimistic, but the single life is harder in these days and times.  No one wants to commit anymore.  If someone has a soulmate, they are blessed to have one because it's tough out there.  I go through my flesh and fighting everyday.